• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Divorce advice

New posts
The current conversation starter: "So... how many times have you been married?"!!! Have to say it's scary times now, no guarantee of success. Always hope for resolution, although knowing that may not happen. Stand for your rights in your divorce, have a smart lawyer, don?t get buffaloed into something you?ll regret. Don?t let personal vendettas run your case. Keep your wits.
 
The whole subject depresses the snot out of me. I'm housesitting this week for a family going through a divorce. Their oldest child is 20-- she's 20!?! After 20-something years of marriage, what's the point in getting a divorce? (From what I was told, he just didn't want to be married anymore. As far as she or anyone else knows, there was no infidelity or anything like that.)

Same for another couple who are both dear friends of mine. Thirteen years, and now they're on the edge of divorce because they just don't like each other anymore and are sick of fighting.

I guess this is why I'm grateful to still be single...too much pain.
 
I'm betting she feels the same about you too. :floor:

Aw, c'mon. Play nice. (Yes, I know he started it, but play nice anyway!)

What the world needs now is love, sweet love...
 
Ask her to behave as she would want her mate to behave for one year and then she can consider divorce. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many people cop out on their relationships. A relationship is the result of the way TWO people interact and respond with each other. If only ONE person changes, the relationsip changes.
 
People who are sick of fighting..............guess what.............. they don't fight. Novel idea huh?? I know because i used to be the queen of arguing and i am now a person who doesn't fight. and don't give me crap about it not beng that easy. I never said it was.

One person fighting and the other person not fighting = no fight with 1 whiner:rolling:
 
As previously stated in this thread, divorce would be the last option, but there are some situations where it is the only option. In my friend's case, they do argue and I have already pointed out to her that she pushes his buttons too, but what will end it is if he refuses to go to marriage counseling, continues to use illegal drugs etc., not her crabbing at him.

I agree that it takes two to tangle, just as it takes two to make a marriage work.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top