• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I heard that the county commissioners are toying with the idea of dramatically cutting back on the number of beach driving permits they will be allowing in the future. Anybody have some insight into this? It might be something to consider...today I counted roughly 50 vehicles parked on the beach. And it is only March 11!

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Thanks for the info , Brad. Gosh Ya'll keep it nice out there. I :love: our trash cans and the new signs I've seen. With the beach as endangered as it is I really don't understand why anyone besides Brad and his crew are permitted to drive on any of the beaches? Just don't get the necessity? :dunno:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Loading the old beach truckster up right now- can't wait to get out there!:D

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Loading the old beach truckster up right now- can't wait to get out there!:D

You've turned into quite the expert sand driver. Before the end of summer are you going to be doing figure eights for us?? :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
You need to concentrate on finding your way to SOWAL first before you plow into the sand with the Dargs:rotfl:

:roll: ...the skunky directions were the first thing that went in the car. If I do this right, how much time will I save????

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:clap_1: ...I call shotgunn!!!!

I did OK today. New tires and rain helped. Then I drove in the ruts made by the Graytona Lodge truckster- that really helped!

So many boats out today- I think every fishing charter launched off Grayton today and it was really fun watching them come in.

waltondude

Beach Lover
Apr 2, 2006
Walton County
I heard that the county commissioners are toying with the idea of dramatically cutting back on the number of beach driving permits they will be allowing in the future. Anybody have some insight into this? It might be something to consider...today I counted roughly 50 vehicles parked on the beach. And it is only March 11!

I really doubt it. The whole ordinance that allows driving on the beach is unconstitutional on its face because it discriminates against citizens by requiring property ownership. But since the Republicans do not seem to have much of a problem with Constitutional issues any longer, and it is a great source of income in light of property tax rollbacks that will surely come into effect, I would imagine that all you may see is an additional increase in the fee, with maybe a discount if you are a homesteaded property owner in Walton County. Since they are already ignoring the Constitution, why not protect the voters and forget about the rest.