• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007
If we cant start developing alternative fuels then absolutely. Like somebody just said if you drill close to shore and on land you dont have problems. I live at Inlet beach, i never saw any tar balls. Theres oil down there everywhere, dont doubt theres always leaks in the gulf floor. Weve been having tar/asphalt looking balls since i was a kid in the 60s.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I don't believe that we necessarily need to drill in the gulf to solve our present energy problem. We have recently discovered an abundance of fossil fuels we could access tormorrow if our federal government would allow it. I am all for the development of alternate fuels but as of now they are impractical. To say it will take 5 or more years to develop present fossil resources is pure BS. If we had started 5 years ago, we would be independent of middle eastern oil today and we wouldn't be paying nealy $4 a gallon for gas, going toward $5. A little perspective, please.

Last edited:

jcpd2

Beach Lover
Aug 31, 2008
I agree with #15. The Keystone Pipeline could certainly be controlled much more easily on a spill than one in deep water.

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
:razz:one thing people can't stand to do is change- why explore renewable energy when the oil couch potatoes can park their rigs in your backyard, suck up your money, and make you clean up the mess- no brainer... yes, I'm still buying gas cause I'm stuck in the merry go round of triple job 30a during the season and no job induced diet and bottom feeding in the off-season and a lack of those 4-5 hrs. of sleep/night will not produce the brainchild for solving the energy crisis. someone out there has the brain for it- go for it... YOU CAN DO IT:whitetrash:

Once you make it, give me a cut for motivating you- heck, if you're good-looking, I might even marry you. ok, the real truth is i just wanted to go dancing and get drunk, but I came home, ate fried chicken, exercised, and griped on this thread- another day

bdunfee

Beach Crab
Apr 14, 2012
No way!

It would be a travesty. Why can't we invest in renewable energy instead, and get over this oil dependence? Drive less, ride a bike (and get some exercise), buy an electric car. Do what you can to avoid using oil. The oil companies and politicians in their pockets are corrupt. Off-shore drilling will never be completely safe, and they cannot provide a 100% guarantee that another Deepwater Horizon will not happen. Safety regulations will always be overlooked as long as there is big money to be made, or votes to be bought. Please stand up against oil. Let your local & state politicians know you will not tolerate more drilling in the beautiful and sensative gulf waters!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Today marks 10 years since the one of the world greatest environmental disasters. On this day April 20, 2010 , the oil rig Deep Water Horizon suffered a catastrophic blowout.

ad5v05saext41.jpg

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Right now, I'm a lot more concerned about how the current disaster is affecting and destroying lives.