• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

chocolatelabsmama

Beach Crab
Jan 2, 2010
We seldom visit places that aren't dog friendly. What exactly is the situation there? Know you're suppose to be a resident to get a permit but is it really enforced? On leash only or can they swim in the ocean? If not there, anywhere close by? Any RV sites near there that anyone would recommend, especially non-park ones?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Don't need to be a resident but a property owner. Dogs should be kept on leash. Enforcement is spotty at best. If you do take your dog to the beach please take a pick-up bag. There are trash recepticles on the beach at the public accesses for deposits.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Don't need to be a resident but a property owner. Dogs should be kept on leash. Enforcement is spotty at best. If you do take your dog to the beach please take a pick-up bag. There are trash recepticles on the beach at the public accesses for deposits.

Walton County Tax Collector

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dog owner must be either:

- A property owner in Walton County, or

- A permanent, year-round resident of Walton County [/FONT]

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
I can assure you there was zero enforcement the past 2 weeks. i bet i saw 100 dogs on my stretch of the beach with no tags.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I can assure you there was zero enforcement the past 2 weeks. i bet i saw 100 dogs on my stretch of the beach with no tags.

Ugh...no kidding. And when you're walking two bullmastiffs who are on leashes, it makes things even more interesting. I crossed paths with one lady who had two loose dogs running 20 yards ahead of her. We had seen her earlier going the other way and noticed they weren't on leashes, then, either. I made ours sit until she walked by. She appologized and said they had gotten off of the leads. I bit my tongue and did not call her on the fact that we had seen her earlier and that she was carrying only one leash.

Uh...yeah...don't lie to me, lady...

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Are a lot of the people who were here last week owners?? I never see this many dogs in the summer rental season, and I always see a lot of dogs that week between Christmas and New Year's. I do think I saw more this year than usual. Lots of people also seemed to have two, or three, or even four! dogs.