• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Donut Hole

New posts
We had lunch there on our last trip. It was delish and the portions are HUGE!
GTTBD had a Ruben and I had a grilled chicken ceasar. Even though we were there for lunch lot's of folks were having breakfast. The breakfast looked killer too. I give it 2 thumbs up!
 
I go for breakfast at The Donut Hole when I want to see familiar faces from my childhood down there. It is a real locals hangout, but also has a following of visitors. The breakfasts are good old country style and very hearty. If you order the biscuits and gravy, have your cell phone set for a speed dial "911." My husband is inclined to donuts for breakfast as vacation food, so he'll often stop in and buy a box of mixed, always good. We have also ordered a few birthday cakes from them and the coconut layer cake is outstanding.
 
We have only tried the Donut Hole II which is the one just off 30-A towards Destin. Is the Donut Hole in Destin pretty much the same? I don't really have a need to drive that far since we're on 30A but just wondering if there are any differences between the two locations.
 
Is this the best place near BMB to get donuts? I have many fussy donut eaters in my clan and this is their first time anywhere on 30-A. They're giving me a hard time about not being near Krispy Kreme. :idontno:
 
In my opinion the success of Krispy Kreme donuts is due more to great marketing than to having a great product. Sure, they're pretty good; but I believe you'll have some Donut Hole converts in your group before you leave. But if they must have a Krispy Kreme, their website shows one in Destin.

Krispy Kreme
795 Highway 98 E
Destin, FL 32541 US
Phone: 850-650-3552

Maybe have a taste test with Krispy Kreme going head to head against Donut Hole!
 
kimbug said:
Is this the best place near BMB to get donuts? I have many fussy donut eaters in my clan and this is their first time anywhere on 30-A. They're giving me a hard time about not being near Krispy Kreme. :idontno:

I thought I saw Krispy Kremes in Publix.
 
We still like Thomas's donut shack on Panama City Beach, and it's probably about 6 miles from the intersection of 98 and the road that goes to Panama City Beach (Winn Dixie is at this intersection). It's a throw-back to an earlier time when diners were really diners and beach shacks were really beach shacks. We get donuts and eat there or take them to the beach (and clean up after ourselves, of course.). We especially like going there off-season when the traffic doesn't slow us down on our way to the donuts.
 
Paula, we hit the Thomas Donuts also. Really good. And their country biscuits are great!!! Haven't had anything else there though. You are right, I love the old beach shack look it has.
 
luvthebeach said:
Translation: 1000 calories per bite! :floor:

You will need every calorie to fuel your penetration of the human phalanx that forms near the cash register when it is time to pay your bill. We ate there this morning and it was quite an adventure!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top