• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Brand new phone with a full charge at 11:30 last night had a dead battery this morning. Do Y'all have this issue? Should I disengage wifi and everything except phone to save battery?

Thanks!!

TidePride

Beach Lover
Jun 28, 2010
I had nothing but battery problems with droid, iPhone solved my issue, but try a taskkiller, delete all those widgets and it helps to remove battery once a week if it's not a bad battery of course.

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
You probably have some apps running, and don't realize it. First look for your web browser and see if it is open, or a mapping/GPS feature. Both will constantly be sending and receiving data and help to drain the battery.

LowProfiling

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
Sandestin
I second task killer as a good start point.

When I got mine (droid) about a year ago the battery was great, now with the several android updates it drains very fast. I even bought a new battery and same deal.

I have been brand loyal to Motorola since the brick phone back in the early 90's and the Droid is the worst phone I have ever had. I might try the X when my upgrade comes around, or something new from Motorola if they have it, but if not like many others I am sure are thinking will Verizon please bring on the iPhone!

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
I hear people talking about the "Droid" phone as though there is only one. Droid is a generic name for any brand phone which can work on the Google Droid platform. Each brand and model of phone will be different.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Lynnie....I thought you had found a new drug! :shock:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
GPS is the biggest killer, unless you need it turn it off. Apps that need it will use it only when they are running.

Welcome to the Droid world, anytime one of those iSnobs gives you guff just show the "jiggle tits and bounce" app. Shuts the guys right up.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Thanks, All Y'all! It drained this morning with one three min. call. Charged during my meeting and it seems to be fine. Last night, I turned everything off except phone and alarm and it died. Needless to say, I didn't get awake on time (bothers me none, however).

What is task killer and where do I get that? I think droid is the operating system and it has occurred to me that the phone could be bad - Samsung. I'll give it another day.
I only used GPS for about five min. in Birmingham because of the one way streets downtown, then shut it off. I wonder what else could be running?

Miss Kitty - if I find a new drug, you'll be the first to know! On the porch, to boot.