• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks- I forgot about VPK- so great. I consider it more of an extension of our public elementary schools. But lots of families like to start preschool before age 4--

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
Perhaps the elementary schools would benefit if some of the more experienced teachers who were "non renewed" were rehired. After all they were dismissed and replaced with inexperienced, less qualified teachers to meet budget restraints, yet the school district has enough money to create administrative positions, hire an "energy guru" to tell everybody when to turn the lights off and hire a defeated superintendent from Okaloosa county. Perhaps we could also cut the salaries of the board since they serve no real purpose other than to rubber stamp Mrs. Anderson's unilateral decisions.

Bellasmomma33

Beach Lover
Jun 3, 2011
Butler is not offering VPK this Fall because they said they don't have a classroom for it and Bay doesn't offer it either...and it's only free when you attend a school that accepts the voucher. St. Rita's offers it, but you have to pay full price as they don't accept the voucher. Any other school that accepts it in SRB is either full or not offering it for Fall 2013:sosad:

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Butler is not offering VPK this Fall because they said they don't have a classroom for it and Bay doesn't offer it either...and it's only free when you attend a school that accepts the voucher. St. Rita's offers it, but you have to pay full price as they don't accept the voucher. Any other school that accepts it in SRB is either full or not offering it for Fall 2013:sosad:

Although they are not offering it in the fall, they may be offering it during the summer. My oldest daughter went to the summer VPK program at Butler. Although it was intensive, she gained a lot from it.

My younger daughter did VPK during the school year at her daycare provider, The Roane School. The state paid them a fee for offering VPK. I think my older daughter got more out of the summer program that my younger daughter did from the year-round program.

I imagine one of the problems in Butler offering VPK during the fall is the wrap-around care that is needed.

momofmany

Beach Comber
Sep 21, 2012
Perhaps the elementary schools would benefit if some of the more experienced teachers who were "non renewed" were rehired. After all they were dismissed and replaced with inexperienced, less qualified teachers to meet budget restraints, yet the school district has enough money to create administrative positions, hire an "energy guru" to tell everybody when to turn the lights off and hire a defeated superintendent from Okaloosa county. Perhaps we could also cut the salaries of the board since they serve no real purpose other than to rubber stamp Mrs. Anderson's unilateral decisions.

I understand your frustrations with your wife not being hired back with the school district...however, I wish you would refrain from saying that the teachers are less qualified. I believe that now more than ever it is much easier for administration to weed out the teachers who may not be up to par to ensure that highly qualified, and motivated teachers are teaching our children. As for the add on positions at the district level, I would agree that many of those positions are useless. I just cannot agree that ALL teachers hired are less qualified or inexperienced. I believe the lack of support from the community makes it much harder for teachers and schools in our community. Just my thoughts.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I understand your frustrations with your wife not being hired back with the school district...however, I wish you would refrain from saying that the teachers are less qualified. I believe that now more than ever it is much easier for administration to weed out the teachers who may not be up to par to ensure that highly qualified, and motivated teachers are teaching our children. As for the add on positions at the district level, I would agree that many of those positions are useless. I just cannot agree that ALL teachers hired are less qualified or inexperienced. I believe the lack of support from the community makes it much harder for teachers and schools in our community. Just my thoughts.

I use the term 'inexperienced' from public records and information from other personnel. I'd also like an answer to the question of why the district doesn't comply with Article 11.5 of the collective bargaining agreement which seems to require that non renewed teachers be given first consideration when instructional positions become available. This is one of the many questions that Mrs. Anderson has chosen to ignore. And I'd also appreciate it, in the future, that Mrs. Anderson not file a false complaint against me with Fat Mike for violating the law because she doesn't like my polemic objections to her tactics.

Last edited:

luca brazzi

Banned
Jan 6, 2013
I love it when government officials compare their operations to "business models". Show me a company who hires a new college grad with a BS degree over an experienced manager with years of successful performance and an MBA and I'll show you a company destined for failure.

ricky bobby

Banned
Aug 24, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl
I use the term 'inexperienced' from public records and information from other personnel. I'd also like an answer to the question of why the district doesn't comply with Article 11.5 of the collective bargaining agreement which seems to require that non renewed teachers be given first consideration when instructional positions become available. This is one of the many questions that Mrs. Anderson has chosen to ignore. And I'd also appreciate it, in the future, that Mrs. Anderson not file a false complaint against me with Fat Mike for violating the law because she doesn't like my polemic objections to her tactics.
Carlene Anderson filed a false complaint against someone? Seems to me that might be grounds for a lawsuit.