• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
somebody needs to aim a GoPro set on time lapse at these set ups and get a video of the whole day. Pictures don't lie!
I think that right there is the best solution! Place them on several days, so that the pattern can be seen! I would not only be interested to see if these chairs get filled but also to see if there is an actual vendor attendant there as well!

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
There is a much MUCH MUCH simpler solution to this problem. Just eliminate beach vending on public beaches, period.

Even if an unused chair is currently rented (but again empty), it's less precious sand that the public has access to.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but similar to John G's recent comment, I don't know of anybody who says, "WOW, this beach vending on public beach is great!" with the exception of the renters and vendors. And I'll take stab at saying the majority of people renting these setups are from off-beach developments who have found themselves to be in a "pickle" regarding public beach access.

In essence, they are "renting public beach for private use" with the blessings of the county and the help of the vendors.

Ponder this vision: A tourist calls the day before and orders service at the public access. They arrive around 12:00 pm and only stay a couple of hours. It's so hot they decide to go shopping at the Outlet Mall and take in a movie. So nobody else has use of this part of the PUBLIC beach even though the renters only used it for 2 hours. It's just not right considering all the public beach access issues.

Tourists who bring their own umbrellas and chairs would have more incentive not to "hog" this space...i.e. they would take their chairs with them when they left for the day - even early. And most of them won't set up at 7:00 AM.

NO PUBLIC BEACH VENDING! Many problems simply go away.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
There is a much MUCH MUCH simpler solution to this problem. Just eliminate beach vending on public beaches, period.

Even if an unused chair is currently rented (but again empty), it's less precious sand that the public has access to.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but similar to John G's recent comment, I don't know of anybody who says, "WOW, this beach vending on public beach is great!" with the exception of the renters and vendors. And I'll take stab at saying the majority of people renting these setups are from off-beach developments who have found themselves to be in a "pickle" regarding public beach access.

In essence, they are "renting public beach for private use" with the blessings of the county and the help of the vendors.

Ponder this vision: A tourist calls the day before and orders service at the public access. They arrive around 12:00 pm and only stay a couple of hours. It's so hot they decide to go shopping at the Outlet Mall and take in a movie. So nobody else has use of this part of the PUBLIC beach even though the renters only used it for 2 hours. It's just not right considering all the public beach access issues.

Tourists who bring their own umbrellas and chairs would have more incentive not to "hog" this space...i.e. they would take their chairs with them when they left for the day - even early. And most of them won't set up at 7:00 AM.

NO PUBLIC BEACH VENDING! Many problems simply go away.
I agree with you, but those voted in, from my understanding are all about equality. They won't/don't want to see the simplification of this.
Next up, using the bathroom you feel your gender relates to!!!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011

You are going to bring the wrath of C. Jones and her husband upon yourself talking like that.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
You are going to bring the wrath of C. Jones and her husband upon yourself talking like that.
Yea, well, I just posted on the other thread specifically mentioning her name. What's the worse she can do to me and my neighbors? .... Steal our property?...in the middle of the night? :blink:

Last edited:

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
I agree with you, but those voted in, from my understanding are all about equality. They won't/don't want to see the simplification of this.
Hey Conn006. Contrary to many's beliefs on this forum (not referring to you), I do think in terms of the average person's ability to get to the beach. And by average, I also think about the locals who travel from the "burbs" to go the beach. When tourists come down here, they are willing to spend higher than normal amounts of money (much to the BCC's delight) to go to the beach.

For many tourists, it's their annual vacation. So what does it matter that beach service costs $25+ per day and much more if you have a family? Well, for those who work and have a young family, this amount of money can practically mean whether one has beach access or not when they can't afford $50 to sit on the beach because the public side of the public beach is packed and only empty beach service chairs on the public beach are available.

So much for the idea of the public beach being free.

Next up, using the bathroom you feel your gender relates to!!!
Appreciate your humor!

Does that relate to peeing in the water? :D

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
BMB 2:00 ish 5/2/16 not very much beach. ALL vendor set ups east and west ALL empty....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,020.3 KB · Views: 225