• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DestinBrew

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2016
Destin
I am currently with Olympus and the rate keeps going up... I am about 2 blocks from the beach.

Anyone have any recommendations for changing?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I am currently with Olympus and the rate keeps going up... I am about 2 blocks from the beach.

Anyone have any recommendations for changing?
Talk to your Insurance Broker and see if they can check other companies. Check other Brokers.

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
I guessing they are speaking of rising costs at yearly renewal time and why would you insure your home for less than value?
Check your replacement coverage amount. It probably is still at whatever you told them when your policy began unless you increased it - right?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Check your replacement coverage amount. It probably is still at whatever you told them when your policy began unless you increased it - right?
Yes I increased it, but premiums will rise regardless. You’re paying more for the same size loaf of bread today than you did ten years ago. Not sure why you would expect insurance premiums to remain the same year after year.
Unless your lender requires coverage or you have no mortgage simply opt out.
My home has no debt and is in zone x yet I still choose to insure including flood coverage.
Everyone needs to comparison shop everything.

Last edited: