• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Amazing. Thanks to the Rep for bringing such an important and powerful play to our community. Dramatic doesn't even begin to describe it- I was up half the night thinking about different scenes and the crazed and sad spider web of the family relationships. Miss Kitty and I kept looking at each other and mouthing "whoa". This is a theater lover's performance- we are truly lucky!

From the Rep press release that started this thread:

Literary critic Harold Bloom notes, "the helplessness of family love to sustain, let alone heal, the wounds of marriage, of parenthood, and of sonship, have never been so remorselessly and so pathetically portrayed, and with a force of gesture too painful ever to be forgotten by any of us."

The Rep is honored to bring to life such an important piece of dramatic literature to Panhandle audiences that may never get another chance to see this play in their lifetime. To experience this play in the intimate setting of the Meeting Hall Theatre should be one of the most powerful and moving evenings one ever hopes to experience in the theatre.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Oh man, I can hardly wait to see it!!!!

:clap:

You will be in Thespian Heaven! :love:

What an evening at the theater this was. It is definitely a play which makes you feel and think, whether you want to or not. I have thought about it often since Wednesday night. The actors were fabulous and the set was perfect!

Bravo to The Rep! :clap:

hoover_rc

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2006
Old Seagrove
www.seasiderep.org
Thanks Ms. Kitty!

Okay folks... so ticket sales are light tonight, so we're offering $10 tickets for sowallers to come tonight... (and tonight only) The rest of the evenings are filling up fast, but we don;t want empty seats tonight, so don't miss the opportunity to see this show for a bargain!

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
We went to the opening night. I think this was the most powerful play the Rep has ever done. I thought I was watching a Broadway performance since everyone in the show was spectacular. Before you attend do a little research on Eugene O'Neill and the play itself. It will make your appreciation and enjoyment of the play that much more. Kudos to all involved.