• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jhanadevi

Beach Crab
Nov 11, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach
Hello, my name is Devin and I’ve lived in the area my whole life. I have recently gotten into the production and coordination of large events. Most recently, I was the production assistant for the Welcome To Jamrock Reggae Cruise where I worked directly under production management and artist relations for the Marley family.

I am still a bit inexperienced, but I wouldn’t have gotten the positions I have gotten if I didn’t work hard and show determination to learn and adapt to the industry.

Being a local, I am just looking for an events or entertainment company to work for and gain more experience in handling communications, logistical troubleshooting and working more with technical applications.

Before I got into event planning and production I did catering for a long time.

I have many professional references, however I am really just putting some feelers out there in hopes to find someone or something to point me in the direction that aligns with my passions here in my hometown.

I am open to more concerts, weddings, personal and corporate events.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, I have already applied for Gulf Coast Jam and the 30A Songwriter’s Fest.

Please email me at devinblackfawn@gmail.com

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
1. Volunteer! Every local Organizations need you and every event needs you. Most local Orgs either have events or are involved in fundraisers by others. You will meet the people behind Fore Her, Food For Thought, CVHN, etc. and contact all the foundations at Alys, Seaside, St. Joe, etc.

2. Join the local FPRA chapter. You don't need any formal status - it is great for networking with local professionals.

3. Create a professional resume. It's OK if it is light on experience. It shows you are serious. Check some online sources on how to make a good one that is simple and clean.

Seashell36

Beach Comber
Nov 14, 2022
Niceville, FL
Good morning,
These are the questions I would ask to make a decision.

Make a table and plug in some information to make an analysis.

1. What jobs are available in this area? Using Craig's list, Indeed, and internet job websites. Make a list of the types of jobs and the pay.

2. What types of rentals are available in this area? Thinking yearly lease terms here. I assume you are not quite ready to buy a home just yet. Using the above and apartment websites - what is the average rent for a one bedroom place in South Walton, Niceville, Ft. Walton, and Destin? How much does gas cost + car repair on a daily basis?

3. Do you see jobs that are a good match with a salary that will pay for bills plus emergencies and some fun?

4. Does volunteer work pay the rent?

5. Look at other job markets and repeat the above steps. Consider Atlanta, Tampa, Tallahassee, New Orleans. Are you young and flexible with the ability to travel?

6. If your dream job isn't here, would you consider the other work available in this area?

7. Have you looked at positions at the Sandestin conference center? They have events. Other hotels and resorts have meetings and group events. Have you considered those to get started?

Your welcome,
Good Luck!