• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
We just boiled a mess of blue crabs straight outta the bay. I mean, 10 minutes from trap to boiling pot. Talk about good; so fat and sweet! :drool: Also threw some shrimp, red potatoes, mushrooms, onion, JDarg banana peppers and a head of garlic into the boil (used Zatarains crab boil).
We will have to do this at the Wash-A-Way!!!!! PULEEEEESE!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
yummy! crabs are the best!

don't know why, but I do not like the crabs out of Western Lake. I do like 'em right out of the bay!
Maybe Western Lake isn't salty enough to give the crabs phresh flavor. :dunno: The salinity is really low, low enough that the alligators are liking it very well.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:nono1: Zzzzip! Zzzzzip! Zipit!
I forgot that you don't subscribe to the Walton Sun. The last edition had a photo of a medium size gator, and I know a few people who have reported seeing a few. Ask Jdarg about the one she recently saw.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Humor an inland person: how do you catch crabs on a "string"? :dunno:

tie your string to a chicen neck (heard of the term, "long-neckers?") and lower it to the bottom. Watch for the crab to come and start eating on it. pull up string and hold it over net or bucket and drop the crab in. No one said that crabs were smart. ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
:nono1: Zzzzip! Zzzzzip! Zipit!

Yes, you have to hear my giant gator head story. It was as big as JohnR's bus. No lie. I ain't kidding. Could have eaten a horse.:roll:

Really, it was pretty durn big. Anr the next day, some guy was flyfishing and standing in the water about 20 from where I saw the gigantic gator!

Last edited:

Uncle Timmy

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Blue Mountain Beach
Really, it was pretty durn big. Anr the next day, some guy was flyfishing and standing in the water about 20 from where I saw the gigantic gator!

Well, I didn't need that leg anyways............

And does this story tie in with Mrs.Hop's Loch Oyster Lake Monster story?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Well, I didn't need that leg anyways............

And does this story tie in with Mrs.Hop's Loch Oyster Lake Monster story?

Her gigantic creature looks more like a serpent- this was clearly a gator- looked like the big one in Peter Pan!! I could hear him ticking.:yikes:

Last edited:

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
We'll be in Grayton Saturday. Would love to go crabbing on the bay. Skunkape - Do you use chicken necks and a crab net? Where can we crab on the bay? Yummy - blue crabs and cocktail sauce.:clap: