• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

RTR

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2011
blue mtn.
fyi..for the health of it does not have any. they told me that the company was no longer in business and they could not get it anymore? don't know how accurate that is. off to grayton or seacrest for me.

jamnolfin

Beach Lover
Mar 6, 2007
Theres not a whole lot you can do. When the wind blows out of the north they swarm on the beach, always have. 3 things that happen that inconvenience you, jellyfish, dogflies and redtide

JoBu

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2008
I ordered some from:
http://www.cactusjuicetm.com/index.php

Their website lists the following businesses that carry it:

Eastern Lake Nursery, For the Health of It, Modica Market, Seagrove Village Market Café, South Bay Ace Hardware.

Don't know about the availability..just passing along what i ran across...

See Ya'll in 12 days....(not that i'm counting or anything.....)

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
fyi..for the health of it does not have any. they told me that the company was no longer in business and they could not get it anymore? don't know how accurate that is. off to grayton or seacrest for me.
They are still in business, got 3 cases last week, and waiting on 3 more cases to be delivered today! We are a new retailer for them so we are not yet on their website, but we carry all their products! Their "Miracle Gel" is great for the bites in case you didn't get the protectant! And it is wonderful on subnburns too! Even better than aloe!

indianapolice

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2011
JoBu,
What exactly is the product you recommend for Yellow flies? My wife got some bites last year in which she ended up going to the immediate care for because they became infected. I guess infection happens easily with these yellow fly bites? Thanks for all the input on here and we will definitely drop by and support our neighbors....thats what 30A is about....we owners must take care of our area!

JoBu

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2008
GetawayOn30A...I can't say i recommend a specific product, but after reading this thread about 'cactus juice', I ended up ordering the Cactus Juice™ Eco-Safe Spray™ Formula (no sunscreen) from http://www.cactusjuicetm.com/index.php . We are coming down to 30A next weekend and didn't want to be without this stuff. (I'm assuming this is what the others are talking about.) I figured it was money well spent if the flies are bad. I have 2 small children who don't like bees or any other flying critters (except lightning bugs). So I made a $20 investment into their fun at the beach. Plus i'm hoping it works against North Alabama skitters...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Your only escape from black flies is getting in and staying in the water. Fortunately they don't swarm the beach often.

When the yellow fly is out you stay in. Fortunately they are not beach goers. Yellow flies come and go. They don't stick around for long.