• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
To the best of my knowledge, there isn't one local to the south Walton area. There have been a few abortive attempts, but I don't think they held together. There was one that met at Sundog Books sometime back, but when I asked an employee there the other day, she didn't know anything about it.

If I am wrong about this, someone please jump in and correct me.

There is one in Panama City called the Panhandle Writers Guild (PWG) and another in the Ft. Walton area. I'll send you contact info if you PM me ('m not crazy about posting personal e-mail addresses online).

I'm guessing you were at the David Magee seminar last Saturday morning. So was I...good stuff.

Susan Vallee

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2006
Writing Group

Hey!

We had a group that met at Central Square Records, but the attendance was very spotty. Some folks aren't morning people, others didn't like to meet on Sundays, etc. etc.
I'd love to keep the group going or join in another group along 30-A. I guess we just need a consensus on day/time to meet.
Yeah - I was so inspired by that workshop. Great stuff.

citymouse

Beach Lover
Nov 17, 2006
seagrove
Hey!

We had a group that met at Central Square Records, but the attendance was very spotty. Some folks aren't morning people, others didn't like to meet on Sundays, etc. etc.
I'd love to keep the group going or join in another group along 30-A. I guess we just need a consensus on day/time to meet.

I'd be interested. I used to meet over at a friends' house a couple years back...I'd love to start writing again...My schedule is constantly changing but if a time and place gets set I will make my best effort to be there.

Last edited:

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Hey!

I went to Central Square Records in Seaside when I thought there was a meeting, but didn't see any writers. I thought it was a cool and comfortable place. Big easy chairs, couch, nice view. I'd go there if something got started. Weekday mornings work for me. The Coffee House next to Publix is also a good spot. There is a nice couch in the back and larger table arrangements can be put together in the front. Wi-Fi available, too. Tell you what, I'll be at the Coffee House, next to WaterColor Publix, on Tuesday, February 17, at 9 a.m. to discuss writing and SoWal writing topics with anyone that shows up.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I went to Central Square Records in Seaside when I thought there was a meeting, but didn't see any writers. I thought it was a cool and comfortable place. Big easy chairs, couch, nice view. I'd go there if something got started. Weekday mornings work for me. The Coffee House next to Publix is also a good spot. There is a nice couch in the back and larger table arrangements can be put together in the front. Wi-Fi available, too. Tell you what, I'll be at the Coffee House, next to WaterColor Publix, on Tuesday, February 17, at 9 a.m. to discuss writing and SoWal writing topics with anyone that shows up.

I'm going to put this on my calendar and plan to see you there!! :wave:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic

D.L. are you still planning to be at The Coffee House tomorrow morning??
I'll be there if you are!
Anybody else??