• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
BR, I am glad they got you taken care of. Those 8 days were awful for me. I didn't go into the hospital until the next day. I went home and went to bed and drank plenty of gatorade but wasn't any better the next day so I decided I needed to go. I went to a minor emergency clinic and had to go rushing to the bathroom. I made the most awful mess all over the bathroom floor, and not from throwing up. They had me on IV's and several combinations of drugs. Thinking back I wished I had sued them. Because I am forever going to have to see the gastroenterologist as that is how I ended up with the ulcerative colitis, even though it is under control. And no one else reported getting sick from that same pan of chicken that I am aware of anyway. Take care.

Lady D, who told you you contracted UC from eating spoiled food?:dunno:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Well, maybe not. He had told me the salmonella had caused the colitis. Wasn't feeling too well for sure at that point anyway, and you have to assume they know what they are talking about.

OK, colitis and ulcerative colitis are two different diseases. Colitis is a non-specific inflammation of the bowel, totally consistent with food poisoning, ulcerative colitis is a chronic, ulcerating disease of the large bowel thought to have an autoimmune etiology. As far as I know, food poisoning and ulcerative colitis are unrelated!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
OK, colitis and ulcerative colitis are two different diseases. Colitis is a non-specific inflammation of the bowel, totally consistent with food poisoning, ulcerative colitis is a chronic, ulcerating disease of the large bowel thought to have an autoimmune etiology. As far as I know, food poisoning and ulcerative colitis are unrelated!

Well, I definitely have ulcerative colitis. Lower left sigmoid portion of my colon is what is effected. Had a flareup of proctitis a month ago. That is why I have to have a sigmoidoscope every 5 years and a colonoscopy every 10 years. Just had rotten luck that all three things hit me at the same time. :sosad:

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
:dunno: Beach Runner - where are you? I have been wondering about your condition since I read your first post. Hope you are alright. Let us know!

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
hello
wow-food poisoning is awful. glad you are feeling better.
i'm curious, why won't you post the name of the restaurant? Seems like it would be a public service.

reece