• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Here's one tailor-made for the holidays, courtesy of Bon Appetit.

Cranberry Margaritas

To make the Margarita base for 12 drinks (magazine recommendations, not SoWal's), blend

1 1/4 cup premium tequila
1 1/4 cups frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup canned jellied cranberry sauce
1/2 plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (this is 10 tablespoons total)
6 tablespoons orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier

in a blender until smooth. Pour out half of Margarita base into a glass measuring bowl. Set aside. To the other half add 3 1/2 cups ice cubes and blend until it's slushy; pour into salt-rimmed Margarita glasses. Garnish with cranberries.

Pour second half of Margarita mixture back into blender and repeat process, adding another 3 1/2 cups ice cubes.

Happy Holidays!

this looks delicious. is it in the current issue - I just bought it.

okay, let's all have a margarita christmas season, how 'bout it? we can do a margarita party on the night of the Eden State Park Christmas tour (just before we head over for the tour - jenny you guys are going to have to do this along with SJ, Jfunn, Punzy, and any locals and/or sowal visitors in town). I don't know the date yet though.

done and done.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

okay, let's all have a margarita christmas season, how 'bout it? we can do a margarita party on the night of the Eden State Park Christmas tour (just before we head over for the tour - jenny you guys are going to have to do this along with SJ, Jfunn, Punzy, and any locals and/or sowal visitors in town). I don't know the date yet though.

done and done.

Do they welcome a group that has been sucking down margaritas? Or do they hope that tequila will make us sing Christmas carols?:dunno:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

done and done.

Tootsie, that's a magnificent idea. :love: And I have the feeling that we'll all have lots of cranberries to contribute to the margarita making (best use of cranberries I've ever seen :roll: ).

Don't forget about the Christmas Illumination at DeFuniak Springs, too. That's incredible to see~

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Do they welcome a group that has been sucking down margaritas? Or do they hope that tequila will make us sing Christmas carols?:dunno:

There is a very long, steep staircase in that house. Please don't fall! :rotfl:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
this sounds like funn!!! we could rent a limo to drive us to Defuniak and drink on the way there and back!!!:clap_1: