• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Saw on the news this morning that the Sheriff will be sending out surveys for folks who interact with the Sheriff's department. There are few on here who will have the opportunity to participate. Unless this is the only place you have anything to say about their performance.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Would love to know why they told me back in April that after inspecting for an alarm at our house everything was OK only to find out a week later from our bug guy that one of our sliding glass doors had been smashed out with the alarm still going off.

Big breakdown there...

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Would love to know why they told me back in April that after inspecting for an alarm at our house everything was OK only to find out a week later from our bug guy that one of our sliding glass doors had been smashed out with the alarm still going off.

Big breakdown there...

My guess is that they did get a call for an alarm and the responding officer probably didn't get out of the car to check.

Or if they did get out, probably a half-assed check of your property for signs of tampering.

They arrived, they sat there, They left.

You should request the CAD Call Report on that incident and cross reference the times of arrival, on scene and departure.

Also request a copy of the codes used to code or close out calls.

You can learn a lot about what actually takes place...

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It would appear that the "survey" is now CLOSED.

Wow. Got all the "right" responses up front and shut it down.

That is the definition of a Bull :poop: process. Very typical in these here parts... Get what you need and cut the line.

Did ANYONE on SoWal have an opportunity to opine during this "survey"? If so, how did you do so. I'm intrigued.

MorningGlory

Beach Lover
Jul 18, 2016
sowal
It would appear that the "survey" is now CLOSED.

Wow. Got all the "right" responses up front and shut it down.

That is the definition of a Bull :poop: process. Very typical in these here parts... Get what you need and cut the line.

Did ANYONE on SoWal have an opportunity to opine during this "survey"? If so, how did you do so. I'm intrigued.

What a shocker!!! I can't imagine them not valuing everyone's opinion! :sarc: