• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

I Bike 30A

Beach Comber
Feb 13, 2021
Watersound
After Labor Day 2022, cosntruction will begin on signals at the intersections of Scenic 30A and CR393 (Gulf Place), CR83 (Blue Mountain Beach), CR283 (Grayton Beach), and Watersound Parkway (Seacrest).
The light installation at watersound has been quite successful-NOT!! Traffic is so much worse. I imagine you take into account that people actually know how to drive when you install these. Not the case. How about a fix for the cluster they created at watersound and 98. Whose the genius that designed that one?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The light installation at watersound has been quite successful-NOT!! Traffic is so much worse. I imagine you take into account that people actually know how to drive when you install these. Not the case. How about a fix for the cluster they created at watersound and 98. Whose the genius that designed that one?

It seems to be moving when I go through. Also, the portion of 30A in front of Kaiya is still actively under construction.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
A right turn lane from Watersound Pkwy onto 30A is needed to keep traffic flowing

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
A right turn lane from Watersound Pkwy onto 30A is needed to keep traffic flowing
Right (and left) turn lanes are needed almost everywhere and seem to have been deemed a luxury rather than a need. A good example of how we could be using tourist tax dollars to improve visitor experience AND residents' quality of life.

It seems the M.O. is to do the minimum install, which is usually inadequate, and then add stuff later. I guess that is due to tight budgets and the hopes of perpetual employment.

It's one thing if it's an inconvenience but I've seen a lot of hazardous situations because of it - like turn lanes on Hwy 98 that are too short causing cars to pile up on the unpaved shoulder. And drivers who create their own turn lanes on shoulders and medians.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Right (and left) turn lanes are needed almost everywhere and seem to have been deemed a luxury rather than a need. A good example of how we could be using tourist tax dollars to improve visitor experience AND residents' quality of life.

It seems the M.O. is to do the minimum install, which is usually inadequate, and then add stuff later. I guess that is due to tight budgets and the hopes of perpetual employment.

It's one thing if it's an inconvenience but I've seen a lot of hazardous situations because of it - like turn lanes on Hwy 98 that are too short causing cars to pile up on the unpaved shoulder. And drivers who create their own turn lanes on shoulders and medians.
You are so right.. all of your points have been communicated by countless residents and visitors in Walton County to the people who represent us. It falls on deaf ears… This county has the money to add turn lanes and lights etc. They are reactive and move like turtles when they do decide to do something..don’t even get me started on the waste of 5 million dollars for the tunnel debacle on 98 at 30Avenue. that money should’ve been spent on all the things we are talking about here .

Beacher

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2020
don’t even get me started on the waste of 5 million dollars for the tunnel debacle on 98 at 30Avenue. that money should’ve been spent on all the things we are talking about here .
Doesn't make much sense unless you own the shopping center or the Donut Hole. Or if you are the contractor.

Or a troll. :lol:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
All of these had public meetings for input, that would have been a good time to request these things. Keep in mind the light at 30A and Camp Creek is still temporary and not the final install.

One of the reasons that we have what is viewed as "inadequate" infrastructure is reactionary requests from the public during the heaviest of tourist influxes or after a death or tragic accident. The county has to build for all 365 days a year and not infrequent or noted times and dates.

The underpass in Inlet was paid primarily from FDOT and TDC monies IIRC.

Trolls prefer facebook these days.