• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
An American idiom, used widely in the United States to express gratitude to the military for defending "personal freedoms".

Sometimes I get caught up in my own thoughts and all day long I've thought about that idiom as it relates to county employees, not Administration! Administration seems to be exempt from the rules that all other county employees must play by but I'm sure it's nothing personal right? (That's a rhetorical question.)

I'm grateful for Commissioner Nippers service as it relates to this Country but I'm really having a hard time wrapping my brain around the personal freedoms that she's fought for versus the personal freedoms her actions on the Constangy contract have cost County employees. If memory serves, Ms. Nipper had to fight this County (she sued) for her personal freedom to operate a skydiving business on her own land and she won! She also campaigned on the promise of open, honest government, operated in the sunshine yet, every time she has had a prime opportunity to effect meaningful change, she has voted to go with the status quo.

Ms. Nipper supported/encouraged DeDe Hinote to come forward and tell her story about the harassment/discrimination she has endured under Cecilia Jones. Most of us know Cecilia Jones is guilty of not only those allegations but of micromanaging county business which the Grand Jury Investigation instructed BCC members not to do in 2015. We also know that the so called "Independent Investigation" was nothing short of a fiasco with the very people the allegations were made against LEADING the investigation!

Maybe Ms. Nipper really doesn't understand the ramifications of what she's done but she has effectively prevented any current or future employees from bringing allegations of wrongdoing into the Sunshine because they now know that the cards are stacked against them and any future investigations will have the same outcome favoring BCC actions over truth, honesty and open government...personal freedom to be free from on the job harassment and discrimination be damned!!

I'm also shocked that she attempted the defend the County in regard to background checks not being done on prospective employees when she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the County did not do a background check on Mac Carpenter who is partly responsible for the City of Defuniak losing almost 2 million dollars in revenue for his failure to notify other Council members of information he was privy to about the letters from State Auditors that the Mayor received on numerous occasions. While he certainly isn't allowed to talk to them individually he could well have brought the information up at any Council meeting yet instead, he downplayed those letters by saying "every City get's them".

Ms. Nipper also knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he worked in the planning department when almost a million dollars went missing or was never collected under Pat Blackshear and your nemesis Bill Imfield and you know (because I made sure she got the paper work) that he had a less than ethical background check, a piss poor driving record and past drug charges that should have prevented his employment and he LIED on his county application by not disclosing he had previously been reprimanded & suspended by the City of Defuniak. Yet, she ranked him at the top to give him the job and pushed Cecilia Jones and Tony Anderson to follow previous protocols in hiring practices by hiring the next highest ranked applicant.

Whether or not Ms. Nipper knew about Bill Williams (Triumph Liaison) and the ethcis complaints that were filed against him in another County or not, the fact is he has the ethics and morals of an alley cat...purchasing cigars on the County dime (yes he was made to reimburse the County) but it should never have been an issue if we had open honest government.

Last but NOT least in regard to the County hiring practices...the County is NOT in the business of offering "redemption" or "grace" by giving jobs to convicted felons so they can steal from the taxpayers! WCFR and EMT background checks as well as DRUG TESTING are CRUCIAL to the safety and well being of ALL citizens in Walton County and should have been mandatory!! Defending our country is admirable Ms. Nipper but it starts in your own backyard!

Unlike you @Wouldnt You Like To Know, I sent Ms. Nipper and email prior to writing this so she is well aware of my feelings on this subject. I also gave her ample opportunity to respond prior to posting this. Ms. Nipper's silence speaks volumes!

I'm just gobsmacked that defending personal freedom for your country isn't just as important as defending it for the constituents and fellow employees Ms. Nipper was elected to serve!

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
An American idiom, used widely in the United States to express gratitude to the military for defending "personal freedoms".

Sometimes I get caught up in my own thoughts and all day long I've thought about that idiom as it relates to county employees, not Administration! Administration seems to be exempt from the rules that all other county employees must play by but I'm sure it's nothing personal right? (That's a rhetorical question.)

I'm grateful for Commissioner Nippers service as it relates to this Country but I'm really having a hard time wrapping my brain around the personal freedoms that she's fought for versus the personal freedoms her actions on the Constangy contract have cost County employees. If memory serves, Ms. Nipper had to fight this County (she sued) for her personal freedom to operate a skydiving business on her own land and she won! She also campaigned on the promise of open, honest government, operated in the sunshine yet, every time she has had a prime opportunity to effect meaningful change, she has voted to go with the status quo.

Ms. Nipper supported/encouraged DeDe Hinote to come forward and tell her story about the harassment/discrimination she has endured under Cecilia Jones. Most of us know Cecilia Jones is guilty of not only those allegations but of micromanaging county business which the Grand Jury Investigation instructed BCC members not to do in 2015. We also know that the so called "Independent Investigation" was nothing short of a fiasco with the very people the allegations were made against LEADING the investigation!

Maybe Ms. Nipper really doesn't understand the ramifications of what she's done but she has effectively prevented any current or future employees from bringing allegations of wrongdoing into the Sunshine because they now know that the cards are stacked against them and any future investigations will have the same outcome favoring BCC actions over truth, honesty and open government...personal freedom to be free from on the job harassment and discrimination be damned!!

I'm also shocked that she attempted the defend the County in regard to background checks not being done on prospective employees when she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the County did not do a background check on Mac Carpenter who is partly responsible for the City of Defuniak losing almost 2 million dollars in revenue for his failure to notify other Council members of information he was privy to about the letters from State Auditors that the Mayor received on numerous occasions. While he certainly isn't allowed to talk to them individually he could well have brought the information up at any Council meeting yet instead, he downplayed those letters by saying "every City get's them".

Ms. Nipper also knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he worked in the planning department when almost a million dollars went missing or was never collected under Pat Blackshear and your nemesis Bill Imfield and you know (because I made sure she got the paper work) that he had a less than ethical background check, a piss poor driving record and past drug charges that should have prevented his employment and he LIED on his county application by not disclosing he had previously been reprimanded & suspended by the City of Defuniak. Yet, she ranked him at the top to give him the job and pushed Cecilia Jones and Tony Anderson to follow previous protocols in hiring practices by hiring the next highest ranked applicant.

Whether or not Ms. Nipper knew about Bill Williams (Triumph Liaison) and the ethcis complaints that were filed against him in another County or not, the fact is he has the ethics and morals of an alley cat...purchasing cigars on the County dime (yes he was made to reimburse the County) but it should never have been an issue if we had open honest government.

Last but NOT least in regard to the County hiring practices...the County is NOT in the business of offering "redemption" or "grace" by giving jobs to convicted felons so they can steal from the taxpayers! WCFR and EMT background checks as well as DRUG TESTING are CRUCIAL to the safety and well being of ALL citizens in Walton County and should have been mandatory!! Defending our country is admirable Ms. Nipper but it starts in your own backyard!

Unlike you @Wouldnt You Like To Know, I sent Ms. Nipper and email prior to writing this so she is well aware of my feelings on this subject. I also gave her ample opportunity to respond prior to posting this. Ms. Nipper's silence speaks volumes!

I'm just gobsmacked that defending personal freedom for your country isn't just as important as defending it for the constituents and fellow employees Ms. Nipper was elected to serve!

Im flattered that my screen name made it in your lengthy rant. Did you send emails to all 4 of the other Commissioners every time you bashed them too? Ill assume the answer is no so Ill ask why did she get the special treatment?

Honestly, Im very surprised to see you publicly scorning Ms. Nipper.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Im flattered that my screen name made it in your lengthy rant. Did you send emails to all 4 of the other Commissioners every time you bashed them too? Ill assume the answer is no so Ill ask why did she get the special treatment?

Honestly, Im very surprised to see you publicly scorning Ms. Nipper.

The others read my rants as avidly as you do...here.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Cecilia Jones...Ms. Nipper is not at the top of my s*** list as you called it. That spot is still reserved for you. I don't like what transpired with the Costangy Contract and I said so. As an eligible voter in this County I have the inherent right to voice my dissatisfaction with any County Commissioner or state my opinions whether I voted for them or not. You have not been singled out but you have been the absolute worst Commissioner ever elected in this County! I've been just as outspoken about your bosom buddy Tony Anderson, Chapman and Comander when I don't agree with them.

I also have the right to ask ANY Commissioner questions in public meetings and to have those questions answered publicly. You and a couple others seem to have forgotten you were elected to SERVE ALL the people of Walton County not just those you favor. The fact the majority of you sit there with "deer in the headlight" looks doesn't bode well for you. Hopefully, this is your last term ever in this County.

Ms. Nipper and I will get past my "rant" and the reason I know this is because unlike you, Ms. Nipper does want to be a voice for not only those in her District but all of Walton County. She understands she was elected by the people and ultimately it's the people she will have to answer to when her seat comes up for re-election.

If you weren't so arrogant, you could actually learn something from Ms. Nipper about truth and honesty. In fact, you may learn it soon.

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
Cecilia Jones...Ms. Nipper is not at the top of my s*** list as you called it. That spot is still reserved for you. I don't like what transpired with the Costangy Contract and I said so. As an eligible voter in this County I have the inherent right to voice my dissatisfaction with any County Commissioner or state my opinions whether I voted for them or not. You have not been singled out but you have been the absolute worst Commissioner ever elected in this County! I've been just as outspoken about your bosom buddy Tony Anderson, Chapman and Comander when I don't agree with them.

I also have the right to ask ANY Commissioner questions in public meetings and to have those questions answered publicly. You and a couple others seem to have forgotten you were elected to SERVE ALL the people of Walton County not just those you favor. The fact the majority of you sit there with "deer in the headlight" looks doesn't bode well for you. Hopefully, this is your last term ever in this County.

Ms. Nipper and I will get past my "rant" and the reason I know this is because unlike you, Ms. Nipper does want to be a voice for not only those in her District but all of Walton County. She understands she was elected by the people and ultimately it's the people she will have to answer to when her seat comes up for re-election.

If you weren't so arrogant, you could actually learn something from Ms. Nipper about truth and honesty. In fact, you may learn it soon.

Wait do you think that Im Mrs. Jones? If so you have reached a new level of ignorance. Do you really think that Mrs. Jones cares enough about you, much less has the time, to create an account just to call you out on all your bull s**t and lies?

Its amazing to me how you continue to be wrong about numerous political things but yet you still think you're credible.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Wait do you think that Im Mrs. Jones? If so you have reached a new level of ignorance. Do you really think that Mrs. Jones cares enough about you, much less has the time, to create an account just to call you out on all your bull s**t and lies?

Its amazing to me how you continue to be wrong about numerous political things but yet you still think you're credible.

No I don't think that at all. I know who Ms. Jones is here and I know she reads here.

You know you can call me out for being wrong and I'm cool with that but if you're going to call me a liar could you at least back it up with facts? Do tell me what I've lied about.

BTW, personal attacks are not allowed on Sowal.

Incidentally, I don't care much about being credible with a BCC (certain BCC members) who wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the a$$.

Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
P.S. Evidently ALL the newspapers thought my last rant to the BCC was credible enough to do stories on it. I'll grant you I have an issue with one paper's asst. editor and I don't care for any of the slanted stories she writes about but the rest of them I get on quite well with. Don't hate! :p

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
No I don't think that at all. I know who Ms. Jones is here and I know she reads here.

You know you can call me out for being wrong and I'm cool with that but if you're going to call me a liar could you at least back it up with facts? Do tell me what I've lied about.

BTW, personal attacks are not allowed on Sowal.

Incidentally, I don't care much about being credible with a BCC (certain BCC members) who wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the a$$.

How many times have you personally attacked people on here LD? You've already been banned once because of all your hatred. Just like always you think you do no wrong and everyone else is the problem.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
How many times have you personally attacked people on here LD? You've already been banned once because of all your hatred. Just like always you think you do no wrong and everyone else is the problem.

I was banned because I got into a peeing match with C. Jones fans. I did plenty wrong to get myself banned by feeding the trolls and a few of them left the same day I did.

But again, you called me a liar and I'd like you to back that with some facts! Oh wait...you can't!