• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Regarding Owl's Head, when speaking with one of the owners this week, he stated that they hoped to start pushing some dirt around in June or July to begin the golf course. The course will be under construction for at least 1 yr.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
Regarding Owl's Head, when speaking with one of the owners this week, he stated that they hoped to start pushing some dirt around in June or July to begin the golf course. The course will be under construction for at least 1 yr.

I drove by there yesterday and looked out and imagined the golf course and 4400 homes. :eek:

How many homes will there be at buildout?

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
Soon we may have our own Publix! This place is just about to explode. The Miller Group just sold out the first phase of lots on a "Watercolor-like" neighborhood just south of 20 on 331. Jay Odum's place is starting to come along; the entrance is nearing completion. Windswept keeps raising the home prices- people will even move to Bruce to live on a golf course! Prices are catching up, but as with all real estate, the time to buy is now. I love Freeport, but take a good look now, because it is changing quick.

BTW, my Mallet Bayou home is for sale, just don't know if I want to leave:)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
chrisv said:
Soon we may have our own Publix! This place is just about to explode. The Miller Group just sold out the first phase of lots on a "Watercolor-like" neighborhood just south of 20 on 331. Jay Odum's place is starting to come along; the entrance is nearing completion. Windswept keeps raising the home prices- people will even move to Bruce to live on a golf course! Prices are catching up, but as with all real estate, the time to buy is now. I love Freeport, but take a good look now, because it is changing quick.

BTW, my Mallet Bayou home is for sale, just don't know if I want to leave:)

It may be soon, but at the moment, Publix has no interest in buying property in Freeport. They want to see population numbers much higher. I guess they don't care that they will have to pay 10X the price 3 years in the future.