• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Reports from a tenant in Pier Park note that Fresh Market coming to Pier Park (unofficially) in Panama City Beach. Pier Park has made the announcement, but only to their tenants and future tenants.

barefootguy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I like Fresh Market, was even there tonight in Destin, but I would have preferred that Whole Foods came to town. Fresh Market seems to be more foofy than healthy.

I'd also like to see a Meijer come to the area so I could get my deli turkey and cheese for 3.98/pound instead of 9.98/pound.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I like Fresh Market, was even there tonight in Destin, but I would have preferred that Whole Foods came to town. Fresh Market seems to be more foofy than healthy.

I'd also like to see a Meijer come to the area so I could get my deli turkey and cheese for 3.98/pound instead of 9.98/pound.

Me too. I'm going there today. Anybody need anything?:dunno:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I miss Meijer's. Grew up about a half mile from their Michigan HQ. I know at one time they were talking about possibly going into Atlanta, but haven't heard much more about possible expansions into Walmart territory in a couple of years.

native

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
Pt Washington
Whole Foods or Wild Oats is what we really need. They are true organic stores with much broader inventory. even their prepared foods are organic. We should get a drive going to entice them to our area!!

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
The Wild Oats is nearby our home....however, ever since I read in the newspaper about how close our health dept was to shutting them down if they didn't get their act together and if they didn't get their scores up, I stopped going there for anything other than tea tree oil!! this was about a year ago....
we are getting a Whole Foods too in a couple of months....btw, I think the merger/buyout or whatever between the two is now Off.....

Missplaced

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2007
The Wild Oats is nearby our home....however, ever since I read in the newspaper about how close our health dept was to shutting them down if they didn't get their act together and if they didn't get their scores up, I stopped going there for anything other than tea tree oil!! this was about a year ago....
we are getting a Whole Foods too in a couple of months....btw, I think the merger/buyout or whatever between the two is now Off.....

Interesting interview with Whole Foods CEO John Mackey cnn.com today. Merger not off yet.

http://tinyurl.com/2y5fcn