• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
A little birdie tells me today that there is a big leisure/resort(s) coming to a particular area close by. Supposedly (no confirmation), a California company purchased a large chunk of nearby land for a very large chunk of $$$$$, and is bringing in two massive entertainment parks. The littel birdie says that they closed on the property. Hmm??? No confirmation, but my little birdie has been apparently been busy today telling many people, because other people have been hearing the same thing. Maybe it is like people who pump up stocks in chatrooms, trying to up their own price, then sell. Is this a ploy by local landowners in that area? :dunno: We will soon see.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Ask the little birdie if he or she would like some Six Flags stock, now trading at $4.71 per share. Not a great time for the theme park industry.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Seems like there's always some sort of theme park rumor floating around somewhere in the Panhandle, though it's usually further east toward Panama City or Marianna.

I just don't see that happening right now in Crestview proper because any area that's got the utility and road access infrastructure that it can be zoned medium density residential is probably going to be priced at too high of a price per acre to make a small to medium-sized amusement park not financially feasible.

In terms of entertainment, I could see a long term player buying commercial with plans for an entertainment/mall/lifestyle project in five years. 10,000 new primary residence housing units in front of the planning department in those parts, as the cry goes, and those folks aren't going to want to drive all the way to Ft. Walton Beach or Pensacola to go to the Gap.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
GVM said:
Ask the little birdie if he or she would like some Six Flags stock, now trading at $4.71 per share. Not a great time for the theme park industry.
If the talk is true, I definitely would not waste my money on "Six Flags."

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachmouse said:
Seems like there's always some sort of theme park rumor floating around somewhere in the Panhandle, though it's usually further east toward Panama City or Marianna.
The theme park rumor has been floating around for the last year, but the talk I hear this morning sounds like it may have some grip. I am hearing specifics, but am just waiting to verify.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
FoX said:
Well, nothing confirmed yet, but many people have heard a similar report. I just checked the Okaloosa County sales reports for May and I cannot find anything fitting the bill.

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I heard another version of the north Okaloosa rumor today. Not Disney or California, but a big player. (think beer) One square mile of land between Crestview and Mossy Head.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beachmouse said:
I heard another version of the north Okaloosa rumor today. Not Disney or California, but a big player. (think beer) One square mile of land between Crestview and Mossy Head.
The story which you heard is the same story. One of the two companies does produce mucho American beer, even though the family's name isn't American.

I have been asking around and still, no one can confirm the sale. I checked Okaloosa County's sales and turned up no sales coming close to matching the sales price which I heard.