• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

buster

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2006
SoWal
FINDING HIS VOICE

Mar 16th, 2012 | 0
By ALICIA LEONARD
For those following the NBC show The Voice, Santa Rosa Beach resident Geoff McBride has been a source of pride for local residents rooting for his ascent to the big leagues of music. Many were already impressed by his abilities after catching him preform in different venues along 30A in south Walton, but now, he has amassed an even larger audience and although he will not move forward in the competition after this week’s episode, he drew some mighty big compliments from some artists that have already reached the top of the music mountain.
“That was a true boost to my spirit,” McBride recalled to the Herald-Breeze after getting a supportive tweet from country star Reba McEntire and stunning music legend Lionel Richie with his talent in this week’s episode. McEntire tweeted to the twitter universe that she was “Watching The Voice. I really liked Jeff!!!! Sara is great too but I was pulling for Jeff. Congrats Sara! Thanks, Reba!” McBride, a fan of both stars, said his love of country and soul music made getting the kudos from both a memory he will never forget and a great confidence booster.
Something that most fans don’t realize that McBride shared with the Herald-Breeze is he has fought and won a long seven-year battle with health issues, mainly due to a problem with his adrenal and thyroid glands. “I’m a hundred percent now. But I was sick for a really long time. I didn’t even share this with The Voice, but my wife, my family, they helped me heal, kept me strong. Helped me get back and I am, I’m back and ready to move forward. I’m looking to the future and playing to bigger audiences and taking care of my family.”
Right now McBride can be found at the First Note Music Hall in Santa Rosa Beach, but will be releasing a new album soon and is setting-up the planning that goes with promoting such an endeavor. “It’s going to be a throwback to old soul with a little touch of new flavor. I really want to give a shout out to those cats that made real music.”
McBride said he had nothing but good things to say about his experience with The Voice. “It put me out there. Gave me a tremendous boost to my career and put me back in front of a large audience. It was a comeback for me and has helped me in so many ways. I’m very thankful for the opportunities and experience it has given me.”
The singer, father and husband had some more thanks to share, ” First, I want to say thank you to my wife, Lisa, and my family, my friends. I couldn’t do it without them. I also want to thank my many, many fans that are growing everyday. They can look forward to a huge surprise from me in the very near future. World, get ready,” he said with a note of excitement and mystery in his voice.
The Herald-Breeze is not privy to exactly what McBride has up his very talented sleeve, but he did share some advice he has learned throughout his career, “Don’t give up. Believe in yourself and when one door closes another will open. You just have to look for it.”
To keep up with McBride and his future endeavors, fans can go to www.facebook.com/GeoffMcBrideMusic for updates. A web site for Mcbride will also be up soon to coincide with his new music release. The Herald-Breeze will be keeping readers updated on this local talent that has now caught the eye of industry insiders and stars alike.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
geoffmcbride.jpg

If Geoff McBride seems unfazed by all of the attention he’s gotten recently, it might be because he’s been in the spotlight before....
http://www.sowal.com/story/geoff-mcbride-is-family-man-first