• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hartmaae

Beach Crab
May 12, 2021
Dallas
Hi All, can someone please provide clarity on golf cart parking availability in the 30A towns? I understand where you can drive them, how to be courteous to other drivers, and that some towns don't allow them, but I am trying to determine how feasible it really is to take it to the beach, dinner, etc during the 4th of July week so we can plan ahead for our older parents. Thank you!

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
There is dedicated golf cart parking here and there but it fills pretty fast during spring and summer. 4th of July week people will park golf carts everywhere and anywhere - shoulders, yards, sidewalks, in between cars, on top of cars ... lol

Pbpb

Beach Comber
Mar 6, 2021
Rosemary
Rosemary is one of the places that does not allow them. they will ticket you. I have watched it happen many times.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
They are meant for short trips, less than five miles. Farther than that take a car or Uber.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Hi All, can someone please provide clarity on golf cart parking availability in the 30A towns? I understand where you can drive them, how to be courteous to other drivers, and that some towns don't allow them, but I am trying to determine how feasible it really is to take it to the beach, dinner, etc during the 4th of July week so we can plan ahead for our older parents. Thank you!
Let me clarify-you can park wherever the hell you want, including in the shadow of a county posted 'no parking' sign. The only exception is Rosemary Beach as mentioned previously. Have a wonderful free for all 4th and declare your independence from any common sense rules of the road. THAT is the SOWAL golf cart way!

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
Your post about golf cart parking ahead of your visit is certainly appreciated. But I agree with the others. More commonly visitors park their cart where ever they want without regard. Local law is somewhat averse to patrolling for parking violations. So just be courteous and you'll be fine!