• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
I am coming down for two weeks. What is the latest on golf cart use? Are the laws being enforced and fines being levied? Is it ok to use the cart on the side streets off of 30-A ? Are the public beach accesses being checked? Specifically up around Gulf Place and Goat Feathers. I know the laws. I am not trying to start a debate, just trying to get the latest information. Any help would be appreciated.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
There are signs posted along 30-A regarding motorized vehicles prohibited to be driven on the pike path. Unfortunantely I see golf cart owners ignoring the rules. If a police officer witnesses someone driving a motorized vehicle on the bike path it has been known that the driver will be given a citation.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
30A Skunkape said:
I saw golfcarts aplenty at the Lakewood/Lakeplace access over July 4th weekend, no tickets no apparent worries.
Except for getting killed.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
joho said:
If a police officer witnesses someone driving a motorized vehicle on the bike path it has been known that the driver will be given a citation.

Yeah...you get a 2-stroke penalty. <rimshot> :D

Rather B Paddlin

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2005
Let me rephrase the question. Has anyone or do you actually know of any one receiving a citation or fine? Excluding Kevin Bacon.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Twice in the last 2 weeks I have seen golf carts on the side of the road with the occupants having a conversation with a deputy. I do not know the outcome of either case. One of these was in front of Goatfeathers, the other in front of The Retreat in BMB.

A friend of mine got stopped in Dune Allen on Allen Loop road and was told they would owe a fine. The friend told the officer that she lived very close and could she please drive the golf cart home. The officer said she'd have to get it towed home. He eventually relented and followed her home. Her golf cart is not certified for road use.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
Rather B. Paddlin said:
Let me rephrase the question. Has anyone or do you actually know of any one receiving a citation or fine? Excluding Kevin Bacon.
We own in the development near Goatfeathers where a majority of the golf carts originate. We know of several steep fines issued for illegal use in fact, they are really cracking down. Also, there have been many 'close calls' on that stretch of 30-A. We advise our guests that golf carts are not compatible with 30-A and it's much safer for them to drive to one of the 2 the public beach accesses where there's plenty of parking. It's not worth the risk IMO.

Also see THIS THREAD for more info.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
It's a simple solution.................."Obey the signs".:dunno: