• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
The property was entitled for 650 residential units, 120 unit hotel, and 200k ft commercial under the Prominence development order.

Look at that kind of density, and that of NatureWalk, that the County thought was a good idea to grant not too many years back. Then consider what happens when every one of those eventual homes puts a huge SUV or three onto the SoWal roads, along with another 1000 golf carts, all of them searching for a way to the beach or taking a trip into Seaside.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
bobby please explain how places like watercolor phase 4 are selling at $250 plus a square foot now and are 1.5 miles to the beach? Even natures walk which was left for dead and is 2 miles to the beach is selling at over $200 a square foot.phase 4 watercolor sold many homes at $425 k 18-24 months ago and now many are 700-800k. i'm stunned with such a far distance to the beach what these are selling for. Even a few homes in seaside and watercolor or within10-20% of getting there money back from buying at bubble highs.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The public access would be Deer Lake and while a nice walk from the head of the walkover to the beach it is a long one. Not what I would want if I had kids or had guests of advanced age. Also, are there any facilities there?

Zac

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2012
30A
DR Horton has enough cash and has done enough business with St Joe there is a chance that they cut a deal with them to have beach access via the Watersound crossover area. Its a nice enough location(surrounded by Watersound) that it will work out. If Not a beach access they can compensate by making real nice amenities, shops, houses, and provide a shuttle service to a near by beach access. DR Horton is NOT about to just throw away 25 million dollars

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
The previous owners of Prominence tried to cut such a deal with St. Joe which didn't fly. Could be that DR Horton has the money to get it done but wouldn't the HOA have to approve it? What could be in it for them to allow potentially that many more people into their rather exclusive, gated enclave. Their beach is protected from the masses on the east by Camp Creek Lake and on the west by Deer Lake State Park now. A shuttle service to Deer Lake Park is possible but there are no amenities there and very little parking. Also, the walk to the beach is long, not good if hauling beach goodies for the family and not if there are seniors.
There are major disincentives to building here unless they can solve the access problem - think fate of the Aquaterra project not far away.

Last edited:

Zac

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2012
30A
Yea That is true. Im sure a lot of the owners at Watersound would have strong objections if that happened but If anybody has the money to make a deal work its DR Horton. I drive by that area at least twice a day and noticed that they have another new sign on it now saying something along the lines "coming soon Prominence" along with the Grace point sign further down. Interesting....

Amy 30A

Beach Comber
Jan 4, 2015
It's not DR Horton

Yea That is true. Im sure a lot of the owners at Watersound would have strong objections if that happened but If anybody has the money to make a deal work its DR Horton. I drive by that area at least twice a day and noticed that they have another new sign on it now saying something along the lines "coming soon Prominence" along with the Grace point sign further down. Interesting....