• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I always enjoy the "when I moved here, Grayton Beach was...". What do you think the locals might have been saying at that time? Do you think they might have looked at you as an intruder? Maybe as someone that was overcrowding their haven? I think it's interesting that it's ok when YOU move there or build there but after that... heavens no... keep them out! :p

I've never met Jimmy in person, but I'm pretty sure he didn't move in and build a Motel 6.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
76 rooms with possibly 4 to a room driving up and down Arbor lane twice a day....geez

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
It is too easy to enjoy our beaches already. This will not make accessing Grayton Beach any easier than it already is-it is just going to increase human clutter.
I predict driving on Grayton Beach will be a thing in the past one day. The county will agree the space of 4 wheel drives could be another umbrella.

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
Grayton Grand was going to be a big fight because of wetlands and bordering the state park. If this new project has wetlands and borders state forest or a coastal dune lake it will be a battle.
Grayton Grand was a big fight. Lasted years.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Visitors to our area are human clutter?
Those exceeding the number that the area can reasonably accommodate without detracting from a high quality visitor experience and local's quality of life are. That doesn't mean Jesus doesn't love them or they are bad people, only that they add quantity without any substantial quality in return.