• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Sue,

I did try to answer most of your questions on the other thread. However, I will not answer personal questions on a public forum (ie:which house is mine). Never know who might be lurking. Sorry.

Favorite restaurant was Luna Del Mar--hated to see it close. I don't like fancy dining much, so my next favorite is probably the simple pastas, etc. at Angelinas. Don Pedros on 98 in Santa Rosa is also good. I've eaten at 30A, Fish Out of Water, etc. but I'd rather go for a simple meal at a more "folksy" restaurant. Any suggestions on other restaurants that fit into the less fancy category (except for me, rest of family does not eat seafood--too bad--so seafood are not on my list)?

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Cavallino said:
Here are more details which will highlight SKIER's rather biased and negative market interpretations of the WaterSound - WindRose - Lot 7 offering at $695K.

Comparable #1 - Lot 8 in Wind Rose - $780K
This is a corner lot that is wider and should command a premium to Lot 7.

Comparable #2 - Lot 63 in Passages - $899K
This lot backs up to the putting green golf course. More private than being backed up to 30-A <traffic noise>....which is the comparable for Lot 7 -Wind Rose. I believe this lot should command a premium over Lot 7.

Comparable #3 - Lot 11 in Wind Rose - $810K
Once again this lot is not backed up to 30-A - so you won't hear traffic. Also, the nice walkway next to the house will give the property a larger feel than being sandwiched in between 2 houses like Lot 7. Once again, this lot should fetch more than Lot 7.

Comparable #4 - Lot 2 in Wind Rose - $690K
This lot is very similar to Lot 7 as it backs up to 30-A. However, it is only 50 feet wide and Lot 7 is 60 feet wide. So it should be a lower priced lot than Lot 7.

The above should clearly illustrate that a closer look at this thread is somewhat misleading. I find it interesting that the ONLY 2 POSTS are from Skier.

What might actually be helpful to the "obsessive/compulsive inventory scanners" would be the following
1. The initially offering prices on each of the above referenced lots.
2. The annualized ROI on each of the above referenced lots.

Doug

Doug,

In terms of comps, lot 61 in passages (two lots down from lot 63 you mention above) is for sale for $650k (mls 394250). They are identical in all respects. Please don't try to tell me this is a biased comparison. It's $249k lower than the "market price" for lot 63 when it sold in an arms length transaction last September. It hasn't been snatched up yet. As I said in the message that started this thread, if you believe in the market and where prices have been over the last 8 to 12 months, then there are some real deals to be had.

The owners basis in lot 61 is $317k. He will obviously have a nice ROI. However, what does that say for the current ROI on lot 63 which has a basis of $899k.

I understand you want to pick apart everything I say because you disagree with my opinions. But, I think your original message about me being misleading was a bit over the top. The comps were not exact, but they were close enough to show that the market is softening. This most recent lot for sale seems to back up my original position. Again, if you believe in the market, these two lots could be a steal.

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
We can sit here and debate all day what the real estate is going to do. To me, it's common sense, you have something someone else wants then they will be willing to pay what it will take to make it worth you while to sell, you have something that 5 other people have then your going to have to sit till that right person comes along or dump it because you don't want or can't afford to have it anymore. I would much rather be thankful that I can afford to have a beach home and enjoy it than debating on what other people are doing with theirs.

skier

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2005
Kim Smith said:
We can sit here and debate all day what the real estate is going to do. To me, it's common sense, you have something someone else wants then they will be willing to pay what it will take to make it worth you while to sell, you have something that 5 other people have then your going to have to sit till that right person comes along or dump it because you don't want or can't afford to have it anymore. I would much rather be thankful that I can afford to have a beach home and enjoy it than debating on what other people are doing with theirs.

This debate might actually help those that don't already own make a more informed decision about buying. For others with a home, it may help them make a decision to sell or sit tight.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Cavallino said:
Is there a function with this message board....to ignore the posts of a particular user? :dunno:
Yes, to ignore me, go under the menu item "User CP." Look under Misc. for Buddy/Ignore list. Under the igore box, type Smiling JOe and click on Update Ignore List.

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
But don't actually do it. That was just an example. Smilin Joe makes the most sense out of most of this nonsense. Seriously though...I'm enjoying reading all the posts, whether or not I agree with somebody, I learn something new every day. :blink:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
"All we are saying...is give Skier a chance" Is this a great message board or what!? Everyone has the right to their opinion and if you get too stressed out about those opinions you can block them out! Skier has certainly stirred up the pot when discussing property values and HIS take on the market...but I am starting to see what I see as a bright future...Skier is sharing some of the things he enjoys while in the area! Thanks Skier...you have become more human and less machine to me.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Your decision to block me, or someone else, is your own to make. I will say for the record, that my posts are my own thoughts and you would be cutting yourself short if you blocked them. Maybe some offend you, but if you find just one that adds something to your life, it was worth it. I think we all are going through the world looking to incorporate bits and pieces of others' examples into our own life. I encourage you not to block anyone's thoughts, even if they don't make sense to you now. Sitting through many hours of incredible speakers, I have learned to listen to the words other than those which rang a bell to me at that time. With time, you may find those words to be crucial which you once thought unimportant. Keep your ears open, and you may even make a friend once you get through the dividing line. Furthermore, some people just play hard when they are behind the curtain like the Wizard, but you may find them to play very nicely when you are face-to-face. You may disagree with some of my thoughts, but keep only the ones that are worthy and allow all of us to remain unblocked, free to express thoughts.

Breathe deeply, and let it out. It is only a message board, a very fun one at that. Or, as Willie Nelson would do to relax, roll a big phatty. I prefer to just breathe.

Cavallino

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2005
depends on the date
I was kidding about blocking a user. How else whould I be able to monitor if "the sky is falling real estate messages" are balanced with rebuttal.

Like many of us on the message board, I love the area along 30-A and that is why we bought here. And obviously, I question the motives of a user who continues to slam the real estate market almost every day. However, this community is more interesting having a contrarian so active on the board. As long as the posts are accurate.

Doug