• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Relax, folks. Clorexit causes false positive fecal coliform elevation on water tests. They're still sprayin' man, I seen them!
I was thinking that was a cause of the water tests, but I am too busy to check the research.

Two new class preps this fall. I'm drowning in work. When one is a professor in the area in which I teach, one has to teach subject matter that didn't exist when I was in grad school. It's fun learning new stuff, but it is very time consuming. My colleagues in math don't get it. They are all teaching stuff they learned as an undergrad.

Thanks for the info.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I haven't gone full throttle on the corexit theory (although the name, alone, kinda gives you chills), but it wouldn't surprise me that there are natural, human made contaminants (RE: septic tanks) that might be leeching into our beautiful waters, causing problems...enuff said.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The health dept sign at my access has disappeared. This is quite worrisome given the water quality results lately.

Did they take them away so the tourists didn't get scared off?

Wildernester

Beach Lover
Apr 29, 2005
Chatta/Grayton
They haven't posted any sampling results since just before Isaac. If the poor results are tied to runoffs, I'm sure Isaac didn't help.

The latest beach water samples from Grayton Beach to Inlet Beach are not encouraging. When compared with the results from all FL coastal counties, South Walton seems to have a localized problem. Hopefully, the county, Watercolor, Seaside, Watersound, Alys and Rosemary are conducting intensive investigations of the causes, so that remedies can be implemented before the situation adversely affects the tourist and second home markets.