• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
The South is a ghost town of voters. For every 10 homes, their may be two or three where actual residents/voters live. With so few people eligible to vote, money and a little influence can easily manipulate elections. Not sure what to do about that.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I'll start the list

No longer on our list of dining places

View attachment 57930

Thanks for letting me know about Maries on 30a. WAS going to have an afterwork holiday little get together there. Looks like we'll go to Grand Blvd area instead, don't think the corporate places are members of the SBA.

Knew about Louis Louis, Red Bar too correct? (Don't go to either regardless).

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
They use south Walton rental income like a pimp uses prostitutes. So little of that money returns to our communities south of the bridge.

BS. You are suffering from over development because the BCC, the planning dept. and a few other entities simply can't say no to developers and big money. Lawsuits are expensive as the County has learned from Ms. Harris..

You have been sipping from in the "Incorportaion" koolaid container a tad too much.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The WCTA has never reported any number on "expenditures" North / South. I know of no way to accurately project that number. We have given a number for "ad valorem" revenues and I personally stand by that number.

I would also point out that Commissioner Jones was placed in Office by "the South". She was defeated in the northern precincts.

Bob I'm referring to the nbers thrown around such as...

80%+ revenue comes from the south end with that percentage being spent in the north end. That's an accurate statement if you can't see the forest for the trees.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The South is a ghost town of voters. For every 10 homes, their may be two or three where actual residents/voters live. With so few people eligible to vote, money and a little influence can easily manipulate elections. Not sure what to do about that.

The South is only a ghost town of voters until an issue directly affects them. C. Jones is a reflection of what the South can actually do when they take a notion.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Matt J the numbers I have heard was 90% of the revenue was generated in South Walton while 68% was spent in the North. These are numbers the incorporation advocates were using. However, that 68% includes activities and services that benefit the South such as the landfill and the jail. Both operations cost millions and much of the use is generated by the South. And I doubt anyone wants a landfill or a jail in South Walton. So the actual numbers are much different and hard to quantify.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Matt J the numbers I have heard was 90% of the revenue was generated in South Walton while 68% was spent in the North. These are numbers the incorporation advocates were using. However, that 68% includes activities and services that benefit the South such as the landfill and the jail. Both operations cost millions and much of the use is generated by the South. And I doubt anyone wants a landfill or a jail in South Walton. So the actual numbers are much different and hard to quantify.

Exactly, that number also includes the county payroll and there aren't many folks living south of the bay and working for the county. Incorporation is a fools errand, a waste of time and money and will never produce the results promised so far. Incorporation also assumes that the "cabal" doesn't just elect puppets.