• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seal

Beach Lover
Apr 17, 2006
Yes, the TDC had definitely run it's course. Drive down 30A and you will agree.

If it spends $4,000,000 annually on marketing, at least half of that should be shifted to management or go toward acquisition of land to provide more beach access or for small parks, etc.

From the article..."They need to shrink their outreach. There's no sense in going to Chicago , Ohio , and New York . Their marketing needs to be done in a reasonable distance with selective advertising and focus more on high end. It needs to be a rifle shot instead of a shot gun shot. Right now they are doing a broad-marketing concept and clientele. They need to narrow their focus and provide things here that upscale clientele are looking for."

Should be rebranded as "Tourist Management Council" or "Guest Services of South Walton".

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I cannot see why it is so difficult to come to the conclusion that you cannot continue to bring more and more people into insufficient infrastructure and inadequate beach accesses and think that anyone, resident or guest, will continue to have positive experiences. 4 million dollars would not solve the infrastructure and access problems, but it would start to make a dent in them.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
I believe I read where the TDC/BCC has let out a request for quotes for a national marketing program. Is this how the TDC sees the needs of Walton County, and specifically SOWAL, a shotgun approach instead of laser marketing.

Last edited: