• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Hot on my stove sits a pot-full of fresh-made turkey soup. Nothing but turkey trimmings (lots of little dark pieces), turkey pan drippings, chicken broth, water, celery, carrots, parsnip, bellpepper, sauteed onion, a little fresh ginger, and juice of half of a ripe Myers lemon (I throw in rind as the soup cooks, and remove before serving). Add a bit of McCormick Mediterranan Spice with Sea Salt, pepper, rosemary, and basil. Simmer that until the broth is tasty (30-45 min); add additional seasoning and salt as you like. Turn off heat. Throw in some chunky diced yellow squash and zuchinni and let sit for 15 minutes or so (keeps them crisper than mushy). Serve with whatever you like (Barefoot Pinot Noir, Baby Swiss cheese, and Two-and-a-Half Men?).

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Y'all are killing me!

Oh well, guess it is lettuce with a little turkey on top. The goal here was healthy, not artery clogging!:lol:

BR- Bdarg did make a little turkey, broth, and brown rice last night. It was OK.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Hot Chicken Salad Casserole (using turkey instead of chicken)!!!!!

Hot Chicken Salad

• 2 cups cooked chicken breast meat, cubed
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 2/3 cup crushed potato chips
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, celery, almonds, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and cheese. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spread the crushed potato chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hot Chicken Salad Casserole (using turkey instead of chicken)!!!!!

Hot Chicken Salad

• 2 cups cooked chicken breast meat, cubed
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
  • 2/3 cup crushed potato chips
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine the chicken, celery, almonds, salt, pepper, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and cheese. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Spread the crushed potato chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.

OK- you are really funny. Mayo, cheese, AND potato chips? Let me just go eat butter with a spoon and be done with it!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
OK- you are really funny. Mayo, cheese, AND potato chips? Let me just go eat butter with a spoon and be done with it!

sorry, its all I got. I suppose you can just wrap the turkey in some lettuce, add sprouts and ground flax seeds, and enjoy your healthy self!!! I ain't there yet. Plus, turkey recipes are suppose to be comforting and yummy! we either need to change your question (title of thread) or start an alternate one: Real good recipes for leftover turkey.

I am ready for some healthy recipes too, but not necessarily with leftover turkey. Seriously, I think the best healthy thing to do with turkey is soup! or a wrap with healthy crap on it.

That Hot Chicken Salad is truly a tasty comfort food. Its worth every calorie.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
I'm a little late in the game on this one but I'd make pot pie, cut up your own veggies and saute or buy frozen Veg-all and saute, add 1 can cream of potato, 1 can reduced fat cream of celery soup with 1/2 cup skim milk and a little sage and thyme and black pepper and a pound or so of meat, pour into a casserole dish and bake at 350 till bubbly. Sometimes I eat with crackers, sometimes I do drop biscuits out of self rise flour and skim milk as a topper.

I love chicken and rice so I'd say turkey and rice-you could saute a little onion and bell pepper then do some brown rice cooked in low sodium chicken broth, when rice is done, stir in shredded carrot and turkey meat to heat thru and serve