• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Not sure how one could consider my post crying?

Or why it would be assumed that I don't care about the ecosystem. To the contrary...I suggested someone purchase the property and gift it to state.
If you would go ahead and take care of that I would appreciate it.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
If you would go ahead and take care of that I would appreciate it.
No thank you sir. I have no desire to purchase south walton property.

However, I can assure you that if I owned that parcel I would sell it in a heartbeat. And since the state already owns 40% of south walton...they could do without mine.

Last edited:

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
If I had the means, I would buy it and make sure it was preserved. I don't. This parcel is special. Just like the large parcel by draper lake that DR Horton is in the process of destroying. It would be great if natural areas like this this could be preserved for future generations. This is one of the things I wish my tax dollars would be used for.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
If I had the means, I would buy it and make sure it was preserved. I don't. This parcel is special. Just like the large parcel by draper lake that DR Horton is in the process of destroying. It would be great if natural areas like this this could be preserved for future generations. This is one of the things I wish my tax dollars would be used for.
For those of us who know SoWal history, we appreciate the people who worked hard in the past to preserve our lands.

We owe it to them to fend off those who look at it now and only want to develop it. Or pave roads through it.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Here is a thread about land preservation history in South Walton

Last edited:

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
To what end?
At what point in history would you like to go back and "preserve natural areas for future generations"?
1990? !980? 1970? 1950? Earlier?
Was it ok when Grayton Beach was developed at the beginning of the last century?
Is 40% of south walton not enough?
Is Grayton Beach State Park and others along the coast not enough?

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
For those of us who know SoWal history, we appreciate the people who worked hard in the past to preserve our lands.

We owe it to them to fend off those who look at it now and only want to develop it. Or pave roads through it.
I'd ask you the same question I asked above.
"Fend off"? What exactly does that mean?
Seems many here do not support private property rights?
Does your home and/or business have paved roads? Was it developed? Or can one assume you live in a tent in the woods?

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I'd ask you the same question I asked above.
"Fend off"? What exactly does that mean?
Seems many here do not support private property rights?
Does your home and/or business have paved roads? Was it developed? Or can one assume you live in a tent in the woods?
It means keep grubby hands off our state lands. I draw the line at people trying to develop state parks and forests. I am in favor of adding to them when feasible.

Building next to a dune lake outfall is a bad idea and should be prevented if possible.

I'm sure you would be sad to live in a world where SoWal was part of Gulf Islands National Seashore from Cape San Blas to Orange Beach but that would be the result of giving me the keys to a time machine.