Hello from the Newbie

Discussion in 'Say Hello to SoWal!' started by JJnCowtown, Aug 30, 2011.

1. JJnCowtown

JJnCowtown Beach Crab

Hello all! I am new to the site, not to the area. I moved to the Seagrove/Santa Rosa Beach area back in 1990-91 from Fort Worth, TX. It was a beautiful, quiet area and exactly what I needed. I had moved down with several friends and we all got jobs immediately. It was one of the best times of my life. I worked at Bayou Bills, just down the road from the great little house I rented. My housemates worked at Bud 'n Alleys and later on, helped open Shades, Palapas and a few other restaurants near Grayton.

I have family in P'cola and spent most of the summers from childhood there, but after living in Seagrove, I fell in love. I eventually had to move back to Texas, but return to the area every opportunity I get. It totally rejuvinates and recharges me to be on the beautiful white sandy beaches and around some of the nicest people on earth.

2. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    :welcome: Hubby and I graduated from Tulane, and we have a lot of friends from the Ft. Worth/Dallas area because Tulane is a popular school for people from that area. My sister lives in Dallas, my Mom is from Tyler, so I am half-Texan.

We want to move to SoWal too. It is paradise. We have friends in all walks of life here. I think that it's because we all share a love of SoWal. I like that.

3. DD

DD SoWal Expert

:welcome:JJ! You "picked" the right time to join Sowal!! The pick'em is always funn although I personally have no clue what I'm doing. It is a thrill to get a few right every now and then.
    I live just down the road from you in Grapevine, but through my work am in Cowtown pretty often. I luuuuuv FW!! Always something funn to do.
    Take some time to read some threads and post as often as you can!! Glad you're here. See ya on the beach. :wave:

4. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member