• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobbi Pinkston

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2017
Freeport, FL
PS-Someone suggested you spray water on him/her.
Thanks so much for your suggestion! We have been spraying water a good bit, but at one point it made him move farther up! I'm not sure of the name of the person at the fire department.

This morning I talked to Anderson Tree and Lawn Care in Defuniak, and they are coming this afternoon!! They were so understanding, and said they have customers with this repeat issue that they serve.

So, if anyone else finds this thread and has this issue, call them first! 850-419-4048

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Freeport!

Cat is safe and sound and happy as can be!
For future reference, depending on location, heavy wooded areas or lots of brush bringing a ground ladder into it can be difficult and to raise it can be near impossible. You said 30ish feet, most apparatus only have a 24 foot extention ladder on them unless they are ladder trucks in which case they will more than likely have a 35 footer which will not reach him from the due to safe climbing angle. That said Walton County Fire Rescue does not have to the best of my knowledge an aerial ladder or an articulating boom. I know this isnt very helpful but hope it informs you about capabilities of our local firefighter department.