• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

edmonsonbeth

Beach Crab
Feb 18, 2006
Hi All!

I am new to the forum. I found this website one night about 2 weeks ago. I have been online literally everyday for the past two weeks looking for a vacation rental for our family. The wieght of finding our vacation destination each summer is placed on my shoulders. I love the challenge, but this year has been a real treat... We had vacationed in PCB for years...up until 3 years ago... we visited Sanibel and fell in love. But, with a new baby now 7 months old, I prefer not to travel as far.... So, the family says PCB is fine or the surrounding area... Each summer we do the day trip deal over to Destin to shop...as we were driving, I always had my husband to slow down as we passed the small beach communities...I thought they looked so neat. Well now, from what I have read and researched, this is where I want our family this summer. With that said... here are the challenges.... our brother is getting married on Saturday night June 10th.... so we want to leave out on Sunday morning while were all together and head to the beach...which gives us a sunday to sunday rental need. Over the last 2 weeks I have been all over the place... I think I have seen every website... i think. This is what I have found that is available.... What do you folks think? You know the area, give me the good, the bad, the in between! I wll say that one area that I did like a lot but was unable to find hardly any rentals was the villas @ Seacrest or it seemed some called it Sable Pointe. I loved the pool and the beach tram access... we needed a 4 br that would rent from Sunday - Sunday..... our budget is $2500 - $3000. This is what I have found that is available..... June 11th - 18th......

#1 -Montego Magic @Seagrove Beach available through beachrentalsofsouthwalton.com $2500 plus tax

#2 - Beach Retreat @ Seacrest Beach
same rental company $2850 plus tax

#3 - Something Else @ Seacrest Beach
same company $3200 plus tax

#4 - Tropical Mist (not sure where)
findvacationrentals.com $2075

Any info on the Sable Pointe would be most appreciated...or any of the villas, condos, etc that are at that lagoon pool.

I really want to make the right decision. I feel like the entire family depends on me to get the most, the best, at the best investment, etc...

Thank you all for your input. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Again!

Beth Edmonson

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
:welcome: Based on your post and criteria, you should try looking at the houses in Summers Edge in Seagrove Beach just 1.5-2 miles east of Seaside. It is west of Seacrest and close to Seaside, WaterColor, WaterSound, Grayton and is a great area. The entire subdivision is very nice and all of the houses in SE are exactly like your criteria and the pricing on most match your needs. All of the community is south of 30-A (no highway to cross) and Eastern Lake is just down the road for fishing and kayaking and the community has 2 pools.

There are several SE owners on this board and in no time you will have some posting or sending you private messages. I will PM you too.

We have a house (www.findvacationrentals.com/7475) just adjacent to Summers Edge but our place is bigger than you described (5+BRs) and we are completely booked for all of June and most of July 2006 already.

Go to www.beachseekers.com since alot of SE houses are listed there and there are several by owner on www.findvacationrentals.com and www.vrbo.com and/or www.beachrentalsofsouthwalton.com.

Good luck and have a blast in SoWal no matter where you stay this Summer. :clap_1: With so many great places and owners to choose from, how can you go wrong. :dunno:

:cool:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
hey edmonsonbeth,

The Sable Point condos around the Seacrest Lagoon pool are 4 br/3 1/2 baths. I know that http://www.southernresorts.com/ has many of these listed. The villas at Seacrest beach are also on the pool, however they do vary in room amounts. Some are 3 and some are 4 bedrooms. I do believe that southern resorts has many of these as well. Seacrest is a great place to have a family and within walking distance of rosemary and the village of south walton. wet willy suggested a good site www.vrbo.com it is a great place to find condos as well.
Good Luck!!!!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Edmonsonbeth:

A few things to keep in mind. You'll want to book early if you have specific needs and to get the best rates. Rentals are a bit slower this year than last year, but someone has already booked our cottages that week and some other weeks in the summer are already booked as well.

Many places offer only a Sat-Sat rental, so if you really want the Sun - Sun rental, that's another reason to try to book it early. Your other option if you really like a place is to go with the Sat-Sat rental and just not use it Sat night.

At VRBO, you can type in the location (and I think you can type in the number of bedrooms you want, too). Remember there's a lot of construction around, so you'll want to ask the people if there's construction right next door to you (or if you can hear it from where you'll be staying) if that matters to you. You'll also want to ask about beach access since some of the beach stairs aren't yet available, though I believe most/all are supposed to be in by June.

You should also check http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/ These are Kurt's virtual tours which are wonderful. Kurt is the founder/manager/artiste of this message board and sowal.com. With a virtual tour, you get a very good view of the place you want to see because they usually have a view of the beach and most of the rooms. If you see a link to virtual tours on VRBO, they're probably Kurt's tours.

I think you still have a LOT to choose from because it's still early. And, again, the earlier you book the more likely you'll get what you want.

Hope this is helpful!

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
edmonsonbeth said:
Hi All!

I am new to the forum. I found this website one night about 2 weeks ago. I have been online literally everyday for the past two weeks looking for a vacation rental for our family. The wieght of finding our vacation destination each summer is placed on my shoulders. I love the challenge, but this year has been a real treat... We had vacationed in PCB for years...up until 3 years ago... we visited Sanibel and fell in love. But, with a new baby now 7 months old, I prefer not to travel as far.... So, the family says PCB is fine or the surrounding area... Each summer we do the day trip deal over to Destin to shop...as we were driving, I always had my husband to slow down as we passed the small beach communities...I thought they looked so neat. Well now, from what I have read and researched, this is where I want our family this summer. With that said... here are the challenges.... our brother is getting married on Saturday night June 10th.... so we want to leave out on Sunday morning while were all together and head to the beach...which gives us a sunday to sunday rental need. Over the last 2 weeks I have been all over the place... I think I have seen every website... i think. This is what I have found that is available.... What do you folks think? You know the area, give me the good, the bad, the in between! I wll say that one area that I did like a lot but was unable to find hardly any rentals was the villas @ Seacrest or it seemed some called it Sable Pointe. I loved the pool and the beach tram access... we needed a 4 br that would rent from Sunday - Sunday..... our budget is $2500 - $3000. This is what I have found that is available..... June 11th - 18th......

#1 -Montego Magic @Seagrove Beach available through beachrentalsofsouthwalton.com $2500 plus tax

#2 - Beach Retreat @ Seacrest Beach
same rental company $2850 plus tax

#3 - Something Else @ Seacrest Beach
same company $3200 plus tax

#4 - Tropical Mist (not sure where)
findvacationrentals.com $2075

Any info on the Sable Pointe would be most appreciated...or any of the villas, condos, etc that are at that lagoon pool.

I really want to make the right decision. I feel like the entire family depends on me to get the most, the best, at the best investment, etc...

Thank you all for your input. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Again!

Beth Edmonson
:welcome: Beth - I have a Villa at Seacest Beach - I sent you a PM. I'm listed at www.vrbo.com/61394

Would love to rent to you and I wish you luck finding just what you need!

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Beth, you are definitely headed in the right direction by choosing the 30-A area!! Wet Willy has some excellent advice and I would strongly consider the Summer's Edge community. It is wonderful and families love it. The easy beach access is a big plus! I would ditto contacting
www.beachseekers.com as they do a great job & have many of the Summer's Edge homes. Your family will be pleased!
Our family loves it!

Last edited by a moderator:

edmonsonbeth

Beach Crab
Feb 18, 2006
Re:UPDATE on Decision to be made...need expertise!

Thanks to everyone for the ideas and the web references.... i have been to them all.

I have made a decision.... it's kind of funny.... I have chose a home that i haven't really seen. It is located in the Seacrest Beach North area. The home is in the community where the big lagoon pool is located. But this home has it's own private pool... the home is brand new, the way I understand things, they are finishing up the last details right now. They only have a picture of the exterior and of the pool on beachrentalsofsouthwalton.com...... I have spoke with the owner and the bedding arrangements are perfect....the budget is perfect, and the description sounds wonderful..... I just had a gut feeling about it....don't know why.

Is anyone familiar with this area? or even with this new home.... it is called "Pooling Our Funs".

Thanks to all again.... now I can relax and correspond knowing I have a place booked.... now I can find out about the cool stuff around....

Beth