• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachgirl

Beach Comber
Jun 15, 2005
Hi all, My foodie friend from Sydney is coming for a short visit. I can't decide where to take him, thus this post. I want to take him to the best lunch spots on 30A and/or in Destin. View/atmosphere preferred. It can be upscale or downhome. No chains. I just want it to be special. Thanks for any suggestions.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
It's difficult to get view and amazing food and at lunch.

Stinky's Fish Camp you can get a nice view of one of the lakes and good food, Bud and Alley's has the best view but their food is meh, Smiling Fish view is okay, but food is good. Outside at Pizza Bar in Seaside is a potentially cool view and good pizza. Maybe George's?

No view at Vintij, but it IS some of the best food in town IMO.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
How many lunches?

There are many good restaurants within a block or so of the sand so a short stroll before and/or after will provide you with some awesome views and excellent architecture and window shopping.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
I personally think one of the nicest places on 30A is the Vue. If your going for lunch they have a great selection of wonderful salads and sandwiches and the fries are simply the best.
Since they remodeled the decor is amazing I would take an out of town guest there for sure!
Have fun.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
vue has the best view on 30-a and i love the burgers and fries

l love the place