Hey New Users!!! Post something......

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by RiverOtter, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraytonBound

GraytonBound Beach Fanatic

ooooohhhhh, I thought it meant "don't agree". I feel much better now :wink:

2. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Have you not seen Blazin Saddles??? :roll:

3. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

Gee, I thought this board was supposed to be about discussion/questions re. Grayton Beach and South Walton. Seems River Otter and Grayton Bound are using it as their own personal playground. And such interesting, thought-provoking posts from both!

Funny how they are both from Chattanooga, both use silly little animated avatars, and how neither have put up posts of any substance whatsoever. What's more, they have more posts between them than all other board members combined, even more than Kurt. Could they be the same person?

I wonder if he/she has ever even been to Walton County, Florida?

Do us a favor, folks, and take it to email or private messaging. If you have something substantive to say about GRAYTON BEACH, then please post it. I'm sure Kurt is too nice of a guy to say anything, but y'all are turning the board into a joke.

I'm a nice guy too, but enough is enough.

4. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Well.. Sorry if I have offended you JB. Message boards are usually not only informative but fun. We are not the same person but yes we do know each other very well :wink: If you have read the post by Graytonbound you would see that they are (for the most part) asking about the schools and neighborhoods in the South Walton area. Yes I have been to Grayton many times you should be able to tell by the pics I have posted. I do love the area not only because of the beautiful beaches and weather, the local people I have met have all been so nice. I am a property owner in South Walton. I am also looking for house in South Walton but not as in investment as a home.

Kurt, if I have offended you I am sorry. Please PM if that is the case.

I am sure as time goes on more and more people will sign up and start posting. That's what makes a successful forum (I think). I doubt all the posts will be to JB's liking though. I am not that old but I do know you can't please everybody.

So ... How's the weather down there right now?

5. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

Sorry if I hurt any feelings, but I think it needed to be said. Please carry on any way you see fit. It's a free country and it's not my board.

That said, however, I fear some of the long-time posters like myself, who actually have some experience with the area, and can offer advice, might choose to stop reading/posting.

6. GraytonBound

Geez JB, such strong words! There's a lot I can think of to say in my defense, but you have such a strong opinion I'm sure it wouldn't do any good.

No wait, I do feel the need to defend myself at least a little. Because if you've read through the posts you'll see some positive comments both on the topics we've posted & the funny pictures.

I have received some very helpful advice on education, neighborhoods, best places for boating & fishing. But of course there has been a lot of play mixed in with it, too. I mean, there's only so much "information" you can give per day.

I'll do whatever I need to for this to be a succesful forum.

7. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I am thinking changing my hair color. What do you think Grayton Bound?

8. graytonrbust

graytonrbust Beach Lover

as for being from the area

Hi Graytonbound and Riverotter,
    I have been "from the area" since 1963, no one loves Grayton better than I do, having said that, let me publicly say I thoroughly enjoy your posts. :lol:

I check the board daily, just rarely ever post anything, its refreshing to see that there are nice, witty people with a personality out there.

Maybe one day we will, (or have and just didn't know it) meet at one of the most gorgous sunsets in the world......on OUR BEACH.

9. GraytonBound

I don't know SJ; I'm afraid to respond :shock:

10. GraytonBound

Re: as for being from the area

Whew! Thanks GRB! :D

11. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Re: as for being from the area

I'd love to hook up for Teatime on the beach (wine and cheese)

12. graytonrbust

graytonrbust Beach Lover

teatime

I would love some "teatime", unfortunately, I don't anticipate getting a slice of "heaven" until around april 05. :cry: :cry:

13. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Re: teatime

Same here, well we are talking about a trip close to new years. Kind of a long shot though :roll:

14. KY oyster eater

KY oyster eater Beach Lover

I'm of the thought process that you can post what you want to post and if I decide to open my eyes and decide to use my ability to read it, it's my choice to do so, if I so choose. Write whatever you want, whenever you want, about anything that interests you and you think might be of interest to somebody somewhere. It's a free country and you can decide for yourself hopefully. :idea:

We are currently in Seagrove and the weather has been phenomenal. The damage done by Hurricane Dennis is evident but they are pushing sand up to the eroded land at the back of peoples' property with bulldozers. The ocean is still as beautiful as ever. The one picture is our access to the beach off Dothan Avenue in Seagrove. Everything is great here and nothing has changed much except for the usual gradually sloping stairways to the beach.

I highly recommend Dustys' going into Panama City Beach if you want some quality, nice size, succulent, abundant oysters. Happy Hour prices are $2.99 a dozen and the Budweisers are nice and frosty. I ended up eating 12 dozen they were so good and so inexpensive. I know, I know....save some for the rest of ya! Hurricanes' in Seaside are small and nothing comparable. Don't even go to Busters in Destin, they are pre-shuck and dry and small. Of course these are my own opinions and not that of the staff or management. ENJOY!

Still lookin' for those elusive SoWal stickers.....B.K. :dunno:

Go ahead and get it over with and vilify me for putting so much into one post but after all I'm on vacation on a laptop and don't have much time to search for different topics at the moment.

15. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

KYOE....don't apologize...loved your post! I am not an oyster eater, although I have been known to wear the results of an irritant in the shell! My husband (OE) and son will be down on Thursday and I will tell them about Dusty's.

You are right IMHO...this board has something for everyone. I have learned so much from members on many topics. I even have tried to follow and understand the football rivalries! Being from Texas, I think the UA/Auburn fans make the UT/TAM fans look tame! Viva la difference!!

16. bsullie

bsullie Beach Comber

Ditto on this thread! Great way to stay up to date and down a pot of coffee! Where in Dallas - we're north in McKinney - have a home in Seacrest - will be down in late Aug./September - re-modeling underway...happy posting! :clap_1:

17. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

bsullie...we LOVE McKinney! The downtown square is so charming. But we really love McKinney because we were just there on 7-23 picking up our precious sheltie puppy, MOLLY, from a breeder there! Good luck on the remodel. I'll be down in Oct.

18. JC

JC Beach Lover

Sounds like a great place! Could you be more specfic as to location.

19. aquaticbiology

aquaticbiology fishlips

brbrbrbrbrbrbrb!

oh, did it have to be coherent?

20. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I just love me some good raw oysters. I am drooling right now thinking about eating a 150 of them with a splash of cocktail sauce, and an ice cold Bud.
    YUM!

Those SoWal stickers can be found at the Seagrove Market on the corner of Hwy 395/30-A and Grayton Corners (convenience store), located on the corner of 30-A/Hwy 238 (Grayton Beach). I hear they are at a few other locations as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.