• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: as for being from the area

graytonrbust said:
Hi Graytonbound and Riverotter,
I have been "from the area" since 1963, no one loves Grayton better than I do, having said that, let me publicly say I thoroughly enjoy your posts. :lol:

I check the board daily, just rarely ever post anything, its refreshing to see that there are nice, witty people with a personality out there.

Maybe one day we will, (or have and just didn't know it) meet at one of the most gorgous sunsets in the world......on OUR BEACH.

I'd love to hook up for Teatime on the beach (wine and cheese)

graytonrbust

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2004
Wellington, AL
teatime

I would love some "teatime", unfortunately, I don't anticipate getting a slice of "heaven" until around april 05. :cry: :cry:

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
I'm of the thought process that you can post what you want to post and if I decide to open my eyes and decide to use my ability to read it, it's my choice to do so, if I so choose. Write whatever you want, whenever you want, about anything that interests you and you think might be of interest to somebody somewhere. It's a free country and you can decide for yourself hopefully. :idea:

We are currently in Seagrove and the weather has been phenomenal. The damage done by Hurricane Dennis is evident but they are pushing sand up to the eroded land at the back of peoples' property with bulldozers. The ocean is still as beautiful as ever. The one picture is our access to the beach off Dothan Avenue in Seagrove. Everything is great here and nothing has changed much except for the usual gradually sloping stairways to the beach.

I highly recommend Dustys' going into Panama City Beach if you want some quality, nice size, succulent, abundant oysters. Happy Hour prices are $2.99 a dozen and the Budweisers are nice and frosty. I ended up eating 12 dozen they were so good and so inexpensive. I know, I know....save some for the rest of ya! Hurricanes' in Seaside are small and nothing comparable. Don't even go to Busters in Destin, they are pre-shuck and dry and small. Of course these are my own opinions and not that of the staff or management. ENJOY!

Still lookin' for those elusive SoWal stickers.....B.K. :dunno:

Go ahead and get it over with and vilify me for putting so much into one post but after all I'm on vacation on a laptop and don't have much time to search for different topics at the moment.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
KYOE....don't apologize...loved your post! I am not an oyster eater, although I have been known to wear the results of an irritant in the shell! My husband (OE) and son will be down on Thursday and I will tell them about Dusty's.

You are right IMHO...this board has something for everyone. I have learned so much from members on many topics. I even have tried to follow and understand the football rivalries! Being from Texas, I think the UA/Auburn fans make the UT/TAM fans look tame! Viva la difference!!

bsullie

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Seacrest Florida
Ditto on this thread! Great way to stay up to date and down a pot of coffee! Where in Dallas - we're north in McKinney - have a home in Seacrest - will be down in late Aug./September - re-modeling underway...happy posting! :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
bsullie...we LOVE McKinney! The downtown square is so charming. But we really love McKinney because we were just there on 7-23 picking up our precious sheltie puppy, MOLLY, from a breeder there! Good luck on the remodel. I'll be down in Oct.

JC

Beach Lover
KY oyster eater said:
I'm of the thought process that you can post what you want to post and if I decide to open my eyes and decide to use my ability to read it, it's my choice to do so, if I so choose. Write whatever you want, whenever you want, about anything that interests you and you think might be of interest to somebody somewhere. It's a free country and you can decide for yourself hopefully. :idea:

We are currently in Seagrove and the weather has been phenomenal. The damage done by Hurricane Dennis is evident but they are pushing sand up to the eroded land at the back of peoples' property with bulldozers. The ocean is still as beautiful as ever. The one picture is our access to the beach off Dothan Avenue in Seagrove. Everything is great here and nothing has changed much except for the usual gradually sloping stairways to the beach.

I highly recommend Dustys' going into Panama City Beach if you want some quality, nice size, succulent, abundant oysters. Happy Hour prices are $2.99 a dozen and the Budweisers are nice and frosty. I ended up eating 12 dozen they were so good and so inexpensive. I know, I know....save some for the rest of ya! Hurricanes' in Seaside are small and nothing comparable. Don't even go to Busters in Destin, they are pre-shuck and dry and small. Of course these are my own opinions and not that of the staff or management. ENJOY!

Go ahead and get it over with and vilify me for putting so much into one post but after all I'm on vacation on a laptop and don't have much time to search for different topics at the moment.

Sounds like a great place! Could you be more specfic as to location.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
KY oyster eater said:

I just love me some good raw oysters. I am drooling right now thinking about eating a 150 of them with a splash of cocktail sauce, and an ice cold Bud.
YUM!

Those SoWal stickers can be found at the Seagrove Market on the corner of Hwy 395/30-A and Grayton Corners (convenience store), located on the corner of 30-A/Hwy 238 (Grayton Beach). I hear they are at a few other locations as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.