Hilton Home In Seacrest Beach - Paradise By The Sea

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Magic Hour, May 11, 2005.

1. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Looks like Phase I of the Jetson's Subdivison--goes nicely with the Flintstones Water Park in Cypress Breeze don'tyathink?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  2. sunshine

sunshine Beach Lover

thought I'd regenerate the Hilton thread -
    rumors always abound as to the ownership, cost, etc. Today, someone stopped in my office asking directions to what she was certain was Tom Clancy's $60,000,000 home!
    That's what the sales folks at a time-share presentation told her. :floor:

3. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Beach Fanatic

Am I the only one who thinks the house next to Hilton's (to the east) is way uglier? To my eyes, the one next door is tacky subdivision McMansion.

(No offense to current and past owners, your mileage may vary, no affiliation with architects and builders, etc. - all the standard disclaimers)

4. tidalfish

tidalfish Beach Comber

Got a picture of that one?

5. pgurney

pgurney Beach Fanatic

Haha. When I see it, I get this image of the Planet of the Apes. And instead of the Statue of Liberty poking out of the sand, it's the Hilton house.

I've always thought it was being built to look like a cruise ship...looking from the beach side of it.

6. Philip_Atlanta

Philip_Atlanta Beach Lover

I agree as well, both of those homes are so out of place.

7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Beach Fanatic

Nope.

8. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

It is a Georgian style?

[​IMG]

9. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    Yeah, a faux Mediterranean Georgian with two giant palm trees on either side. :roll:

It is majestic and all but in no way suits the landscape. Charlie's house, I am used to. The two next to each other ... hideous. And easy to see, unfortunately, now that all that vegetation is down.

10. imasunbum

imasunbum Beach Fanatic

Don't get me wrong, I definitely agree with most of you and don't like the looks of the Hilton home. However, it seems that that thing has been under construction for years, maybe before anyone knew what was going to happen in that area (and didn't know it would need to blend). Seems like it was there when nothing else was except maybe what I use to think (or was told) was a nude beach. Remember when the cars used to park along 30A but you never saw any people. I guess they were naked in the dunes. :lol:

11. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

They are quickly building in Charlie's neighborhood, so the two houses may not look so out of place for long. I see one house, probably 3000sf, is now getting about 1800 additional sf.

12. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

There are a lot of things out of place here. The Hilton house is just bigger. And I love it.

13. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

From 30A, it does favor a cruise ship, but from the beach, I think it looks more like an opera house. If you look through my photo album, somewhere in there are photos of the house from the beach.

14. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

I am also confused by the starter castle architecture of some homes down there. There is enough of that in the city, why would anyone want that on a beach? I find that the houses like that here in Dallas are always helped by some beautiful trees out front to hide the massiveness. I still wonder who needs 6-7,000 sq. ft. for a house?

15. Mermaid

Mermaid picky

I wouldn't have said it first, but now that you have, I completely agree! It's not the house per se, but the not fitting into its landscape is what makes me grimace every time I see it. That house belongs in Mayfair, in London. It's a city house that needs depth and scale around it to make it shine. And tall trees! As it stands now, it's this oversized sore thumb that just juts out of the sand. Pity to do that to such a traditional home as that. It turns a classic design ugly.

That addition to the house down the street from it-- the one Smiling JOe mentioned--it's very ungainly and awkward looking to my eyes.

Count me among those who love the Hilton house even though the guy's an environment jerk. Odd for me, too, because I'm really not so much a fan of modern architecture as all that. I think the house is not well-sited, though. Like its awkward monstrosity of a neighbor, the land fights it, not enhances it.

16. jhelms

jhelms Beach Comber

Is this it?

[​IMG]

17. TooFarTampa

TooFarTampa SoWal Insider

Native of Tampa now in Boston 'burbs. Left my hear
    Yep!

18. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Beach Fanatic

6 months later, and I still like the Hilton house way more than the neighbor.

I sure hope they open it up for a tour when they finish it. I'd love to see the inside. If not, maybe Kurt can talk them into letting him shoot it.

19. Bud

Bud Beach Lover

does this mean those girls will be coming down here? look out...;-)

20. DERBYGIRL

DERBYGIRL Beach Comber

We just saw the Hilton house on vacation. We thought it was Hilton as in Paris but found out Charlie Hilton is from Louisville (as are we). I think he owns a concrete company. Sorry I don't think you will be seeing Paris anytime soon.