• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
Maybe I have missed any comments on this, but does anyone know why the large beautiful home next to the ultra large Hilton home is perfectly wrapped? The covering looks like it was made for the house, only right in front is thick plastic.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
some possible guesses:
-Provide added insulation to keep power bill down as cold weather is expected to set in.

-to do a heavy pest fog

- painting the exterior

- removal of asbestos

- re-stuccoing

-trying to capture bats which have made their way inside

- cooking meth and don't want anyone to see them

- trying to have more people talk about their house than the Hilton Home

-trying to piss off the neighbors

-making a green house out of their porches

:dunno:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Realized the architecture was a little grand for the beach? :dunno:

Realized the architecture was a little grand for the beach? :dunno:
Hubby and I have discussed this. Haven't called someone who could give us a definitive answer. But our guess is that they're redoing the stucco. Of course, you know the problems that many people have had with stucco. Yes, the house is a bit grand in architectural style, but we were told by someone who was involved in that project that this style was what they really wanted, and by golly, they had the right to do whatever they wanted, just as the owner of the also incongruous home next door did (in the apparent absence of an architectural review board for the entire neighborhood?). They are really nice people from what I've heard. Like I've said better, no matter what anyone thinks, there is always someone who disagrees with them 180 degrees.

Last edited:

potatovixen

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
PCB
www.myspace.com
Embarrassed to be seen next to the Hilton House? :dunno: