• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How unprofessional

New posts
My cats get really annoyed when their rest is interrupted by humans' work. At least your dogs are tolerant.
 
The only reason I would ever get PO'd finding out that the tech support I'm talking to is working from home, is that I would be soooo insanely jealous.

As long as you are not working from home in India (not that there's anything wrong with that, if you are Indian), I'd be OK.
 
When my bham office calls me, they call that conference thing the STARFISH. I just don't want them to be so jealous that they decide to make me move back up there to the red ozone bowl.

I know they get more work out of me now than they did from the office...and when I was there they got a ridiculous amount of work out of me.

oh, trust me, they're jealous.

Also, they think you get to sleep 'til 9, and lay around all morning. What they don't understand (speaking for myself) is that I start my work day sometimes at 6am because it's convenient, or work 12 hour days, or if I can't sleep, I'm online working at 3am. Or that I'm still working while my family is waiting for dinner that's cooking on the stove.

But the fact that you're still at home, working, is still hard for most to grasp.
 
oh, trust me, they're jealous.

Also, they think you get to sleep 'til 9, and lay around all morning. What they don't understand (speaking for myself) is that I start my work day sometimes at 6am because it's convenient, or work 12 hour days, or if I can't sleep, I'm online working at 3am. Or that I'm still working while my family is waiting for dinner that's cooking on the stove.

But the fact that you're still at home, working, is still hard for most to grasp.


True Dat!!! I start between 5:30 and 6am eventhough I am not supposed to be in until 8. I work until at least 5pm and seldom take a lunch. The coffee maker and water cooler are never half an office and five rounds of gossip away either. Sick days are incredibly rare (I have to be on death's door) and kids can stay home sick without interfering with my schedule.
That said, I may take a quick break to go for a run or check out the surf. I highly recommend it!:biggrin:
 
I'm a software tech and telecommute to work. That means that I sit here in running shorts and flip flops most days :chill:making callers believe I am sitting in a cubicle wearing a dress and high heels.:lie: Image is everything right?

Today is so pretty I have all of our windows and doors open to catch this great breeze, I'm on the line with a client when both of the dogs go nuts out in the yard. Smalls has a huge deep bark for one so young and small, and Ozzy has that high pitched schnauzer tremelo going on. :doh:
I pulled the plug on the mic as quick as I could but there was no way around it, I had to plug back in and tell the caller that there were dogs outside :cuss:

How professional am I? What would you think of your computer support if you could hear dogs running wild in the background?

Made me feel a little sick:puke:(not really but I did want a reason to use that smiley)
It sux to live in paradise...tell them that......:biggrin:
 
Go ahead and start saving for a replacement computer, gayboi, if you are going to take it to the beach. High humidity and salt air is painfully harsh on circuit boards, and computer electronics.
 
I'd be alright with that. I'm always glad to get tech support. I worked part time from home when the kids were little. I was on the phone with a client when my 2 year old proudly yelled "I went potty, I need you to come wipe my butt". He lived.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top