• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Walton County Shelter Update – Freeport Closed for Special Needs; Evacuate to Walton High

The Walton County Evacuation Shelters at Freeport and Walton High Schools are still open.

The Special Needs shelter at Freeport High School has reached capacity. All those with special needs should evacuate to Walton High School.

General Population Shelters are still open at Freeport and Walton High Schools and Freeport remains the only pet friendly shelter open in Walton County.

· General population and pets (cats and dogs only) is located at Freeport High School located at Freeport High School at 12615 Business Highway 331 in Freeport, FL.

· General population and special needs shelter open at Walton High School at 449 Walton Road, DeFuniak Springs, FL

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast Resumes Operations Thursday

MIRAMAR BEACH, Fla. (Oct. 10, 2018) -- Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast will resume full operations beginning Thursday morning at 7 a.m. The hospital sustained only minor water damage during the hurricane.

Sacred Heart worked closely with Walton County EMS to provide emergency services during the storm.

Sacred Heart Medical Group physician offices in Okaloosa and Walton County will reopen on Thursday by noontime.

Sacred Heart Rehabilitation offices will resume normal hours on Friday.

Facilities teams are still assessing damage to Medical Group offices in Bay, Gulf, and Franklin counties. No decision has been made yet on when they can be reopened.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
Please, all you who live down there, be safe. You have my prayers and I will be watching. Daddio and Teresa, stay safe. I will be particularly looking at Kurt's pictures after the storm and I appreciate those as I did after Hurricane Ivan. Do not stay in the area just for that. Please leave the area to protect your family. The same for Smiling Joe. God bless all of you and I hope for the best. If you need our help after the storm, we can come from TN to help. We just left there on Sat. from our annual vacay, for two weeks. You all mean so much to me. Let me know if we can help rebuild or clean up. Praying for your safety.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
Kurt, what is the latest on the land/buildings down there? I pray you and your family are safe. When it is safe I look forward to seeing them. Take of yourself, Teresa, your son and your fur baby.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I'm trying to find an interactive storm surge map. I can only find one that I can't zoom in on. Do you guys know of one. I swear when we were house hunting I used one.
NHC site has one. I was watching it and it only showed a couple of feet in the Eastern Choctawhatchee Bay and river mouth.