• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robvanepps

Beach Lover
Aug 7, 2008
Santa Rosa Bch
I find simple is usually better with most fish. For example, last night grilled fresh cobia filets over charcoal basting with just butter seasoned with fresh chopped garlic, salt and pepper.

Wow is all I can say! I received some Cobia from a neighbor and immediately thought of your suggestion. I cut the fish into 1.5 inch thick pieces and fired up the grill. I put the fish on the grill for 6 minutes, brushed butter on it a few times, turned the fish and cooked for 5 more minutes. Again, brushing butter on while cooking. Wow is all I can say. Without a doubt, the best grilled fish I ever ate! :thanks: again for the tip of keeping it simple!
20130519-IMG_2751.jpg20130519-IMG_2757.jpgIMG_2759-2.jpgIMG_2762-2.jpg

This is a simple and easy recipe (clean up is a breeze too); Heat oven to 350, line a cookie sheet or broiler pan with tin foil. Spray cooking spray on foil or drizzle a little olive oil instead. Lay any kind of tender filet (pompano, redfish, trout, grouper, snapper, etc) on the foil. Lightly salt and pepper or use your favoret seasoning like Nature's Seasoning, or Cavender's. Slice some onion so you can place the circles on the fish, smash a clove of garlic and roughly chop it and put on the fish. Then use half to a whole lemon, squeezed on the fish. Use the foil you lined the pan with and enclose it over the fish and make a couple vent holes. Put in the oven and bake 20 minutes for thinner filets. Thicker filets will take longer. It's so simple and yet delicious.
Trying this tomorrow night. Hubby brought home fish and shrimp from Goatfeathers on Thursday. Yum!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
We need a Sowal cooking forum. A lot of good cooks here to fill the forum and maybe a few local eateries would post their specialty recipes.