• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ComputerWorks

Beach Lover
Dec 21, 2010
seaside
does anyone know where I can get a fertile egg around Santa rosa beach?
She's 11 and has been bugging me to do this project for longer than I care to admit. Any help or input from anyone who's done this is appreciated.

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
I personally don't know where to get a fertilized egg but the problem I see here is you will end up with a chicken! Then, what do you do? :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Not sure where to get a fertilized egg, but maybe you could do a project with Alaqua or a wildlife refuge - they sometimes get nests/babies to rescue.

docsbrown

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
does anyone know where I can get a fertile egg around Santa rosa beach?
She's 11 and has been bugging me to do this project for longer than I care to admit. Any help or input from anyone who's done this is appreciated.
You could ask at the farmer market on Saturdays at Seaside.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
surely there's someone on SOWAL that has chickens, and'll fess up. The time you spend with your daughter will be time that even money won't buy you later....priceless.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Our school up in GA used to do this, only we'd dye the eggs with food coloring, so the chicks would hatch with multi-colored feathers.

My brother and I used to have a purple baby chicken that we'd affectionately dubbed, "Frickassee"... :love:

Good luck with the project! What a great opportunity for her! :clap:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Our school up in GA used to do this, only we'd dye the eggs with food coloring, so the chicks would hatch with multi-colored feathers.

My brother and I used to have a purple baby chicken that we'd affectionately dubbed, "Frickassee"... :love:

Good luck with the project! What a great opportunity for her! :clap:

tie-dye chicks???
Frankenstein Fricassee???
that there's some weird science, Sistah :wave: