• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Oh give me a break....

That piece about the SBA meeting is waaaaaay off, hilariousy so.

It was a meeting of the SBA.

There were five candidates there for a variety of offices from county to federal, and they all left before the SBA members met. All candidates spoke for like two or three minutes. There was no cost to attend and it was not a fundraiser for anyone. (Also there are a lot of businesses in the SBA that could not afford to shell out $1200 for a DINNER for heaven's sake.)

I know this because after you posted about it before on a separate thread, I asked three people who were there and they laughed when I read that thread to them!

Sorry, this is just plain made up....whoever told you this information is messing with you....

Well if I am ok. I'll admit I'm wrong when you prove it.

Thanks though, for not arguing about races being bought in this county!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
60+ percent of South Walton is green space. There ARE areas that are overdeveloped, like Seaside, Watercolor, Rosemary, etc....that I agree. Miramar is also congested.

So you want to plow through green space and state land too?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Because it's his opinion not based on facts. We all know incorporation is about money it's not about infant structure or making a better South Walton. How can Danny say that Tony supporters are backing any kind of development in the South End? Is there a news article on this? Did he talk to one of Tony supporters and they said this to him personally or is he just going what some people on this forum say.

I see. Rereading Danny Glidewell post indicates to me that he was giving an opinion of a person or persons who support Commissioner Meadows, not necessarily based on facts, just as you did.

If we have a good district 5 commissioner then incorporation will do more harm than good. We all know who is behind it. Some have good intentions but some just want control of the South end and the bed tax money. If you look at Cindo's donors you will see a lot of the same name's pushing for incorporation. The North end of this county supported the South up until about 30 years ago and now since the South end is doing better a small group is pushing for incorporation.
Take that petition and rip it up. Then start a petition to dismantle the TDC. The North end of the county deserves help from the South end. I can just see the people running for the City board and Major. They will ruin this beach.
Our most important need is more infrastructure on the South end. More public beach and parking. More parks in the North end.
What we really need is less government and less complainers. Incorporation is only going to do the opposite of that.

Is the above quote also based on opinion? If not, can you please break it down for me by each section and justify it for me. Not trying to attack you, but you got a lot of stuff in there and not sure how you reached a conclusion on any of it. Thanks

Jasper C.

Banned
Aug 14, 2016
SRB
SoWal has already been OVER DEVELOPED! The infrastructure was not in place prior to that happening so putting the cart before the horse after the fact and trying to save land now is is going to solve those problems how?????

Borago's and someone I can't mention by name, with the SBA that the Borago owner rents from, threw a huge party for T. Anderson at 1,200 bucks a pop and called it a candidate forum although it was a private affair by invite only. Where's the outrage?

You're probably right about incorporation given how political races are bought and paid for in this county by someone I can't mention by name.
$1,200 a pop? That's an outright lie! No one paid to attend that meeting.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
SoWal has already been OVER DEVELOPED! The infrastructure was not in place prior to that happening so putting the cart before the horse after the fact and trying to save land now is is going to solve those problems how?????

Borago's and someone I can't mention by name, with the SBA that the Borago owner rents from, threw a huge party for T. Anderson at 1,200 bucks a pop and called it a candidate forum although it was a private affair by invite only. Where's the outrage?

You're probably right about incorporation given how political races are bought and paid for in this county by someone I can't mention by name.

I believe the name in question is a color.

It rhymes with "shoe".

Also , "Cindo" is the hip way to refer to C. Meadows, just like "Tone" is for T. Anderson.

Lots of word play and fun with phonetics.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm not running for public office. This forum is about the candidates not me and you.

How many times have you made the comment to anyone who disagrees with you "Cindy supporters=haters"?

How many times have you said "why are you attacking me"?

You are only a victim once! After that you're a player!

Get over yourself. You are not a victim!

Jasper C.

Banned
Aug 14, 2016
SRB
Well if I am ok. I'll admit I'm wrong when you prove it.

Thanks though, for not arguing about races being bought in this county!
Oh, Misty, grow up. Your little "prove it" game is tired.You throw out whatever you want hoping something may stick weather it's true or not. You've stated this $1,200 dinner nonsense on here before. The burden of proof is yours alone. Dont state something if YOU can't prove it. FYI, there wasn't even a dinner that evening. :rotfl:

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Incorporation solves nothing. What it does is add additional layers of government bureaucracy and the taxes on property owners to pay for it.

Growth and development won't change. Only new agencies will attempt to manage it.

There is nothing stopping SoWalton from managing within the current county structure.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Oh, Misty, grow up. Your little "prove it" game is tired.You throw out whatever you want hoping something may stick weather it's true or not. You've stated this $1,200 dinner nonsense on here before. The burden of proof is yours alone. Dont state something if YOU can't prove it. FYI, there wasn't even a dinner that evening. :rotfl:

I was told the information I presented. I have nothing to prove. I'm a citizen not running for public office and can repeat things I've heard just as the Tony Troll Club has done!

How many BOGUS claims have been made by the Tony Troll Club against Meadows? All of them!

So you think you got 1 (one) on me? You should be so proud!

Last edited: