New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
31,648
1,773
SHELLY said:
...
Insider selling by execs (with no insider buying) sends somewhat "negative" signals to shareholders that execs don't totally believe the information they are releasing to the public....
Obviously, all companies are not always releasing positive predictions for upcoming quarters, so when an exec sells, it is not always contradictive to the company statements and forecasts. Your statements assume that there is misconduct on behalf of company execs, which is sometimes the case, but not the norm.
 

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
4,591
86
55
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
SHELLY said:
No, I wouldn't use any discussions/opinions from this board in my thesis...are you kidding?? (My objective is to get a decent grade.)

so I imagine I'll be booted from board because I have a different viewpoint--but it won't be because I used profanity or personally attacked anyone. I understand.
I was really bad at math in school, but I think this doesn't add up. :dunno:
 

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
5,775
802
peapod1980 said:
I was really bad at math in school, but I think this doesn't add up. :dunno:

I think you believe that statement is a "personal" attack?

Read Beachmouse's reply about citations in academic writing.

I can see it now: "According to 'Sandy Toes' and 'Beach Monkey,' purchasing presale condos on Panama City Beach is a viable investment vehicle for childrens' college funds."
 

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
31,648
1,773
SHELLY said:
I think you believe that statement is a "personal" attack?

Read Beachmouse's reply about citations in academic writing.

I can see it now: "According to 'Sandy Toes' and 'Beach Monkey,' purchasing presale condos on Panama City Beach is a viable investment vehicle for childrens' college funds."
So does changing my name, and feeding incorrect words into my mouth classify as a personal attack? You are a real winner, Shelly. Thanks for contributing. :D
 

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
5,775
802
Smiling JOe said:
Obviously, all companies are not always releasing positive predictions for upcoming quarters, so when an exec sells, it is not always contradictive to the company statements and forecasts. Your statements assume that there is misconduct on behalf of company execs, which is sometimes the case, but not the norm.

Not misconduct...just over compensated (not a newsflash in the corporate world).

Every investor is different, personally, considering the current economy and given the choice between investing in a company where the insiders are saying good things and not buying shares in their own company and those who are saying positive things and purchasing shares in their companies--I would tend to choose the latter.
 

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
5,775
802
Smiling JOe said:
So does changing my name, and feeding incorrect words into my mouth classify as a personal attack? You are a real winner, Shelly. Thanks for contributing. :D

My lord! And I even went out of my way to come up with names that weren't on the board...wayyyy too sensitive.
 

GreenWaveDave

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2005
64
0
I think I created a monster.

Maybe we should just close this one out, learn from our mistakes, and move on to a new thread.......
 
New posts