• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Interview w/ St. Joe CEO

New posts
SHELLY said:
...
Insider selling by execs (with no insider buying) sends somewhat "negative" signals to shareholders that execs don't totally believe the information they are releasing to the public....
Obviously, all companies are not always releasing positive predictions for upcoming quarters, so when an exec sells, it is not always contradictive to the company statements and forecasts. Your statements assume that there is misconduct on behalf of company execs, which is sometimes the case, but not the norm.
 
SHELLY said:
No, I wouldn't use any discussions/opinions from this board in my thesis...are you kidding?? (My objective is to get a decent grade.)

so I imagine I'll be booted from board because I have a different viewpoint--but it won't be because I used profanity or personally attacked anyone. I understand.
I was really bad at math in school, but I think this doesn't add up. :idontno:
 
peapod1980 said:
I was really bad at math in school, but I think this doesn't add up. :idontno:

I think you believe that statement is a "personal" attack?

Read Beachmouse's reply about citations in academic writing.

I can see it now: "According to 'Sandy Toes' and 'Beach Monkey,' purchasing presale condos on Panama City Beach is a viable investment vehicle for childrens' college funds."
 
SHELLY said:
I think you believe that statement is a "personal" attack?

Read Beachmouse's reply about citations in academic writing.

I can see it now: "According to 'Sandy Toes' and 'Beach Monkey,' purchasing presale condos on Panama City Beach is a viable investment vehicle for childrens' college funds."
So does changing my name, and feeding incorrect words into my mouth classify as a personal attack? You are a real winner, Shelly. Thanks for contributing. :D
 
Smiling JOe said:
Obviously, all companies are not always releasing positive predictions for upcoming quarters, so when an exec sells, it is not always contradictive to the company statements and forecasts. Your statements assume that there is misconduct on behalf of company execs, which is sometimes the case, but not the norm.

Not misconduct...just over compensated (not a newsflash in the corporate world).

Every investor is different, personally, considering the current economy and given the choice between investing in a company where the insiders are saying good things and not buying shares in their own company and those who are saying positive things and purchasing shares in their companies--I would tend to choose the latter.
 
Smiling JOe said:
So does changing my name, and feeding incorrect words into my mouth classify as a personal attack? You are a real winner, Shelly. Thanks for contributing. :D

My lord! And I even went out of my way to come up with names that weren't on the board...wayyyy too sensitive.
 
GreenWaveDave said:
I think I created a monster.

Maybe we should just close this one out, learn from our mistakes, and move on to a new thread.......
:clap_1: Chomp!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top