• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Interview w/ St. Joe CEO

New posts
Cil- could you elaborate on some of these examples? I'd be curious.



It's been interesting watching what other developers try to get away with: I've seen a couple doozies in the short time I've been here.
But you don't read about those because they don't make good copy the way St Joe does.
 
Cil said:
That's a slight exaggeration, I'd say.
The amount of scrutiny St Joe receives would forestall any Enron-type of scenario. And not all their land is wet.
It's been interesting watching what other developers try to get away with: I've seen a couple doozies in the short time I've been here.
But you don't read about those because they don't make good copy the way St Joe does.
BTW: your link doesn't work for me, Dave, but here is a link that does have the "approximately 1,200 people" quote
Rummell

I don't know why I can't get the link to work. Sorry. If you want to hear the interview, just go to www.marketwatch.com, enter the ticker symbol JOE, and you'll see related stories with the stock quote.

FYI, my cynicism on JOE was not real, just for Shelly's benefit. Of course I don't think they're the next Enron!
 
SHELLY said:
He certainly HOPES the boom will last...considering he's been cashing out his shares of JOE hand-over-fist for months & months:

Rummell Insider Selling of JOE

But hey, $1.3+ million per month don't go as far in Florida as it used to--the company's shareholders certainly understand that. :blink:

Since the stocks and options are a significant portion of his compensation package, and his sells have been fairly regular for about 18 months, and they started just after he excercised a large option order, and they occurred during a period of increasing stock value....I don't see why anyone would be concerned about this "insider selling". :confused:
 
Last edited:
GreenWaveDave said:
I don't know why I can't get the link to work. Sorry. If you want to hear the interview, just go to www.marketwatch.com, enter the ticker symbol JOE, and you'll see related stories with the stock quote.

FYI, my cynicism on JOE was not real, just for Shelly's benefit. Of course I don't think they're the next Enron!

try this next time

<sarcasm> </sarcasm>
 
pk305 said:
Shelly, I may have missed this somewhere....is your thesis for a degree or for a publication or specifically what? You may have mentioned this previously, but I have an interest in publication and am more than curious?
Thanks!

It's my graduate thesis. The title is still up in the air....but I've had to reject my first choice: "The Real Estate Boom: Investing in Dot-Condos at Enron-by-the Sea." :funn:
 
csamps said:
Cil- could you elaborate on some of these examples? I'd be curious.

.
I was afraid somebody would ask this! ;-)
I really don't want to name any names, but one guy simply began putting in a new housing development along 30-A. He removed trees, and had gotten as far as thinking about putting in a sewer system. Something like three months into the project, everything halted.
There was a minor detail: The guy apparently didn't have a permit.
 
You're getting it mixed up a little bit. "insider trading" is illegal, but "insider selling" makes no sense. You can sell shares if you want. Do I smell jealousy?

SHELLY said:
He certainly HOPES the boom will last...considering he's been cashing out his shares of JOE hand-over-fist for months & months:

Rummell Insider Selling of JOE

But hey, $1.3+ million per month don't go as far in Florida as it used to--the company's shareholders certainly understand that. :blink:
 
Donna said:
Shelly is a fictional character created to inspire misgivings and virtual angst. He/she is not part of the world of accademia or of business. Shelly is a signpost in a two-dimensional world: fear and loathing. :pissed: :( :eek:

OR a signpost going nowhere?
 
Donna said:
Shelly is a fictional character created to inspire misgivings and virtual angst. He/she is not part of the world of accademia or of business. Shelly is a signpost in a two-dimensional world: fear and loathing. :pissed: :( :eek:
Oh snap Miss D! ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top