• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Daugette_Matt

Beach Lover
Jan 12, 2009
Not quite. It's nice though. The beach in Blue Mt. is more like Seagrove, there is a high bluff most places. The main public access there has restrooms. there are also restrooms at Ed walline and The access behing goatfeathers. all three accesses are very nice, but tend to be a little crowded on sunny days.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
So is Grayton's beach unmatchable along 30a? The beaches east of it just didn't compare when I was there last summer, they seemed narrow and were kind of blackish.

Having a hard time finding the accomodations I'd like for the price we can afford in Grayton for the dates we have, we couldn't all get it together until now. I don't want to give up that beach. I'm trying to replicate it elsewhere and found a reasonable spot in blue mtn. i'll search the photo albums for blue mtn photos.

Our other choice is East, Laguna Beach (?) Panama City's West beaches. I'm hoping that's not near where all those religious retreats and honky tonk hotels are.
Also the bike path isn't accessible to there.

I've been telling my girlfriends about Grayton/Sowal for so long and finally this year we're all able to get together in June for a week. I don't want to take them somewhere I'm not sure about, but the prices were really great at that end. Thoughts?

Daugette_Matt

Beach Lover
Jan 12, 2009
You will be better off in BLue Mt. if you can't get Grayton. there are many places in BLue Mt that are right on the beach, so very little walking or driving.
There is also an area called Gulf Trace (that is TRACE not PLACE) that is just to the west of Grayton. Very nice quiet little area. The houses are all in the dunes and the beach is pretty wide, depending on tides, etc. There is not much of a bluff in Gulf Trace and all the houses in that area are close to the beach. Many have a good view of the water
I recomend you call Rivard Realty, 30-a rentals, Beaches Rentals of South Wlaton. they all have a lot of houses in that area in varing prices, and ther are lots of smaller sites and homes for rent online.

Try to get something in So Wal. any place is going to be on a good beach anywhere along 30-a. Laguna beach is where the religious retreats and old hotels are.
Good luck!!!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Laguna beach is going to put you smack dab in the middle of righteous and raunch. Take half the beach and enjoy yourself.

:welcome:

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
i thought that might be where the retreats are. I've been to the area a bunch of times but only went into PCB a hanful, to go to the Walmart, rent a pontoon boat a few times and also to eat at some really goofy steak place (that sucked.)

I do remember seeing the beaches are really nice there though? That's why I thought to look there, it says the quiet west end of PCB. I fell onto these places on VRBO and kind of thought twice when the big draw was that they were within walking distance to "Thomas Donuts." Now I like a good donut like the next guy, but it isn't really on my checklist when looking for a beach vacation rental.

My girlfriends that I'm coming down with are very limited to what they can spend or their husbands won't agree to it, so since it was my idea to go to Sowal, i want to find the best, closest, nicest rental for the cheap-ass budget they gave me. :dunno: I'm on a MISSION. I've looked at, I believe, every rental in the entire area to this point, and think Blue Mtn it will be.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
i thought that might be where the retreats are. I've been to the area a bunch of times but only went into PCB a hanful, to go to the Walmart, rent a pontoon boat a few times and also to eat at some really goofy steak place (that sucked.)

I do remember seeing the beaches are really nice there though? That's why I thought to look there, it says the quiet west end of PCB. I fell onto these places on VRBO and kind of thought twice when the big draw was that they were within walking distance to "Thomas Donuts." Now I like a good donut like the next guy, but it isn't really on my checklist when looking for a beach vacation rental.

My girlfriends that I'm coming down with are very limited to what they can spend or their husbands won't agree to it, so since it was my idea to go to Sowal, i want to find the best, closest, nicest rental for the cheap-ass budget they gave me. :dunno: I'm on a MISSION. I've looked at, I believe, every rental in the entire area to this point, and think Blue Mtn it will be.

You went to Angelo's Steak Pit and yes it was horrible. The 50 foot steer in the parking lot is a good hint. ;-)

It's quiet unless one of the retreats is hosting delinquents (read weekly turn over) and making them march to the beach with drums, bull horns, and cymbals. It's a real hoot at 6 am.

Careful shopping, not all deals are created equal.

Blue Mountain Beach, Florida vacation rental by owner: 2 bedroom Gulf Front 2 Bedroom Condo rental that sleeps 12. Gulf Front Townhome! 10% Discount!

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
We have found that Seacrest Beach is nice also. Plenty to do there but it is on the Eastern end of 30A. I don't think you can go too wrong anywhere along 30A.

nodilberthere

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2007
You went to Angelo's Steak Pit and yes it was horrible. The 50 foot steer in the parking lot is a good hint. ;-)

It's quiet unless one of the retreats is hosting delinquents (read weekly turn over) and making them march to the beach with drums, bull horns, and cymbals. It's a real hoot at 6 am.

Careful shopping, not all deals are created equal.

This is exactly what I'll do with any one of my girlfriends who (1) gets the crying drunks (2) mentions missing her husband or kids more than once (3) wears eyeshadow to the beach (4) suggests we try to find a Friday's or Applebee's.

Last edited: